G/DC-006 Carnmenellis

Activation: 30/12/2010. The path leaves the road on the right angle bend at SW690365 and the road is wide enough to park a few cars. One can see the trigpoint from the road. Follow the lane until you come to a field (where the track goes straight on to a house, you turn left). We then followed faint tyre tracks all the way to the summit. It is a bit boggy in places.
The trigpoint is on the right over a fence which can be easily climbed where the fence crosses a large granite slab. Having visited the trigpoint, return back over the fence and activate somewhere on the left (as one looks walking up the hill). There is a long Cornish hedge, for shelter, running down the ridge and there are plenty of fence posts. There is copious space for HF activation.
I qualifed on 2m SSB with Don in Holdsworthy, Roger in Tamworth (just about!) and two portable stations near Brigend. Thanks guys!!!

Pictures at: M6ALR | Flickr

2E0SCZ, Alastair Hopkins

In reply to M6ALR:

Thanks for the description Alastair. I added this a a link on the summits page for G/DC-006 Carnmenellis. I still need to do this one. Got snowed off last time.

Steve GW7AAV