G/DC-002 activation

I completed the G/DC region on Wed 28th Dec with an activation of Brown Willy, G/DC-002. This was a family walk from Jamaica Inn (1h30 from car, parked at Blackhill Farm at end of lane, to summit). Conditions were perfect with high pressure and sunshine all day. HF was the intention however, Sarah (2E0DGM) and I could hear GW4TJC/P on Lliwedd GW/NW-008 on the 2m-FM handie so we quickly erected the 2m dipole and logged the S2S. 2m-FM contacts then followed from as far away as Ireland and Coventry. QSY to 2m-SSB and made two more contacts with the dipole (GW1OSW/P in Caerdydd & EI3KD in Cork). I’m sure contacts into Europe would have been made if I had time to erect the 3-element yagi and make more calls. Sadly, the family had other ideas about Sainsbury’s and the evening panto performance! This seems to be a great summit for 2m take-off so hopefully I will return soon with equally-favourable conditions.

73s & Happy New Year
Alastair, M0TYM

1 Like

I need this one to close off G/DC, must make a resolution to do it in 2017

73 & HNY Glyn

Coincidentally, I was on G/DC-001 High Willhays on Wednesday to complete my activations of G/DC. I only used 60m, I almost never use 2m when activating unless I have other activators either with me or on nearby summits.

Colin G8TMV