G/CE001 Cleeve Hill

Many thanks for all who worked me from Cleeve today. My first activation for a long time, and I enjoyed it. Almost a textbook activation - at the side of the summit marker, with the 10m pole pushed in the hole in its centre. 90ft centre fed doublet, K2 at 5W.

Plenty of activity on 40m including one S2S. Did briefly go down to 30m, where I worked a HA/P for another S2S (twice with their two operator’s calls!) but nothing else heard or worked there.

And thanks to Richards TomTom POIs, which worked like magic, though it took me down some pretty narrow lanes on the way back…

More later including a web report and photos when I am back at home.

73 Dave G3YMC

In reply to G3YMC:
As promised, you can find a write up on my Cleeve trip with some photos at Cleeve Hill SOTA Activation

73 Dave G3YMC

In reply to G3YMC:

Hi, Dave.

Thanks for the comprehensive writeup on my local summit. Just one thing. We’re in the Cotswolds - not the Chilterns. :slight_smile:

73, Richard

In reply to G4ERP:
whoops… I did it quite quickly last night and already know there are some typos. I want to add a few links and do a bit of tidying up later.

73 Dave

In reply to G3YMC:
:slight_smile:

Actually, earlier today I wondered if someone had nicked it and moved it eastward. The top 500ft seemed to be missing!

Richard

In reply to G4ERP:

Actually, earlier today I wondered if someone had nicked it and moved
it eastward. The top 500ft seemed to be missing!

It was missing last Monday, too, when I was there!!!

Andrew
M6ADB