G activations in Lockdown

Indeed, a big fat zero is looming, the first for me since I started in SOTA in 2006.

For me the lack of winter activating is a significant issue as I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and having nothing to look forward to is extremely depressing. As my wife put it in March 2007 after just one winter period activating, “you are now a hell of a lot easier to live with!” Enough said… I am trying to be good, honest. :wink:

I think mental health is something we all have to give proper care of especially in this current situation, both our own, and people around us. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that walking does mine a lot of good. Any weather, any terrain, with or without a radio, alone or with my wife. It’s like a drug in that I suffer when I don’t take enough of it, but that it does work effectively when I do! The win-win is that it seems impossible to overdose!

I’m finding it hard to get a decent length walk in on my work days. I’ll have to adapt my daily routine by the time March comes around, as the “March the Month Challenge” demands a minimum of 11,000 steps per day, without taking a day off!

2 Likes