FT4 frequency

Does anyone know the current FT4 frequency for 40m? Google is of no help and I can’t find any activity on the band. 7.090 and 7.0475 are suggested but I fear both may be out of date.

7.0475 is what I’ve got Tom

MSHV suggests 7.047 Tom
Listening now if you want to try?
Tim

Will give 7.0475 FT4 a go on tonight’s G/SP-004 activation.

In actual fact I am going to focus on 30m tonight.

1 Like

And I’m glad I did. Super joint activation on Shining Tor G/SP-004 with Jimmy M0HGY.

We set off after 7pm, choosing to utilise the evening time to avoid others and keep social distancing as easy as possible.

M0HGY:

51 QSOs

44 on 2m FM
7 on 30m FT4

M1EYP:

53 QSOs

13 on 2m FM
29 on 30m FT4
2 on 30m FT8
9 on 30m CW

Jimmy clearly supported my claim that 2m is alive and well with contacts coming thick and fast throughout the evening.

By packdown time, I was thinking “If only I had my backpacking tent and sleeping bag with me, and be in a phase and life in which that was socially acceptable!” This was because I was by this stage getting called and worked by North American stations on 30m FT4. I would have liked to have gone on for hours!

Earlier I’d done The Cloud G/SP-015, making 32 QSOs:

40m CW: 11
40m SSB: 2
40m FT8: 9
2m FM: 6
15m FT8: 3
15m CW: 1

…and then Gun G/SP-013, with just six 2m FM handheld QSOs.

Then home for a spectacular afternoon tea in the sunshine on the patio, before heading out for the evening activation with Jimmy.

1 Like

Gday Tom
I have seen some FT4 signals in the top end of my pass band water fall when i operate JS8call. My cat frequency setting for JS8 is 7.078 usb and the FT4 sigs are at around 2,500 hz on my waterfall screen. I have checked on the FT4 mode in WSJT-X to make sure that was the mode I was seeing and found them to be mostly JA ops when I saw them there on FT4.
Cheers Mate
vk5cz …

Interesting that I could just about hear you on SSB (would not have managed a meaningful exchange), could not hear your CW at all even with all the filters and DSP cranked up but your FT8 was as easy as shooting a fish in a barrel. (All 40m if there was any doubt)

2 Likes

Here, about 180km from Shining Tor, VHF was otherwise busy with far stronger signals. I decoded Jimmy’s call on FT4 on 30 metres at about -15, but couldn’t complete a contact. I figure 30 metres was on the edge of the skip zone.

1 Like