From my May 2019 news in Spanish.

From my MAY-2019 news in Spanish

SOTA activators and activations carried out in Spain and the Spanish-American Countries in April-2019:

With the information available in the database, this is the graph of the activations and activators in Spain in April 2019.

EA1 takes the lead this month in number of activations, closely followed by EA6 and then EA4, EA5, EA2, EA7, EA8 and EA3. We haven’t got any activations from EA9.

This is the graph of the number of activations per month in 2019 and the averaged montly activations number in 2018.

Here’s the graph for the chasers and number of chases in Spain:

We have again Manuel EA2DT as the most remarkable chaser with over 650 chases!!!
Manuel is already World’s #5 chaser. Congratulations!!!
imagen

This the graph for the monthly chases in Spain in 2019.

With the information available in the database, this is the graph of the activations and activators in the Spanish speaking American Countries with existing SOTA associations in April 2019.

We see this month 3 activations in LU Argentina (1 in Buenos Aires and 2 in Mendoza) and 2 in TI Costa Rica. It looks like the small flame keeps burning.

This is the graph of the number of activations per month in 2019 and the averaged montly activations number in 2018.

Regarding the chasing activity, there has been 4 chases in the database by LU5MLN from Mendoza region. This is the graph:

This the graph for the monthly chases in the Spanish speaking American Countries with existing SOTA associations in April 2019.

That’s it.

Guru (member of the SOTA Global Publicity Team)

3 Likes

Hi Guru,
It seems that you missed something about Activaciones en España en Abril 2019:

Maybe is owing to I uploaded this activation on May 1st?
73 Mo
EA4MZ

We have again Manuel EA2DT as the most remarkable chaser with over 650 chases!!!
Manuel is already World’s #5 chaser. Congratulations!!!

Guru,

Your news report and graphs are very interesting & informative. Also congratulations to Manuel EA2DT who I quite often hear chasing. I am curious has to what Antenna he is running because he can hear many stations that I can’t on my home made Doublet. He must have a fantastic location for Radio.

73’ Don GW0PLP

Dear Moises,
I’m sorry for having missed your activation of April 30th. I contacted Andy MM0FMF (database manager) some time ago after having found that some activations made the last day of the month were not in the Excel file with all the activity of the month. Andy explained me the reason and this was verbatim his explanation:
the report is generated around 1100Z (yes a silly time to run) and that means that anything submitted after 1100Z will not be included in the report till the next day. But the bad design means that anything logged after 1100Z on the last day of the month will not be included in the report because the next report is now looking for Jan 2019 activity.

So, due to your activation being uploaded into the database later than 1100Z of April 30th, it is not listed in the April’s activity report and it will be included in the May’s activity report.
Best 73,

Guru

Thank you Don,
I’m glad to read that you find my news report and graphs very interesting and informative as that is my purpose.

Regarding Manuel EA2DT and his extremely successful chasing activity, we, the other SOTA chasers in Pamplona, have also scratched our heads several times amazing when hearing how Manuel works some activators that we can’t hear.
His antennas are nothing special, a multiband GP and an inverted vee dipole for the lower bands.
My theory is that it’s due to the fantastic location of his QTH and the knife edge effect he’s benefiting from there .
imagen

His QTH is pretty close to the South-West side of the SOTA mountain Mt. San Cristóbal
imagen
and I have personally experienced while driving my car in that area how 2m FM signals not copyable or barely on the noise floor level out of that area, become perfectly copyable with good signal when getting into the area of Berriozar, which is where Manuel’s QTH is, a small municipality close to Pamplona to the North.
I don’t know but there are perhaps other reasons for the radio signals enhancement in that area, no wonder the local broadcast Radio Pamplona and a military site are placed in that particular area.

Guru

1 Like