Friedrichshafen 2019 Accomodation / SOTA Dinner / Group Activation

After a brief mail conversation with Ed I decided to come for this meeting/ event. I booked the recommended gasthof Kreuz Pfrungen.
Cheers, Jaan

Hi Ed,
I will also join the dinner with my xyl.

73’s
Laurent de F8CZI

Hi Ed
If any room left I would like to join in at the dinner with my xyl.

Paul

Hi Paul, for the dinner, no problem, still a few places left.

I presume you have your accomodation sorted out?

73 Ed.

Ed

I’d like to join the dinner as well.

Fortunately I secured accommodation previously

Paul
W6PNG/M0SNA

I’ve had acknowledgements via PM, email and on this thread - to make sure I haven’t missed anyone - if you are not in the list below, can you let me know again please:

Heinz OE5EEP + 3 other hams
Joe OE5JFE
Michael DB7MM
Peter ON4UP & Franz ON9CBQ
Steve G1INK + 1
Matt OE6FEG
Luc ON7DQ
Jaan SM0OEK
Laurent F8CZI + XYL
Paul M0PLA + XYL
Paul W6PNG + 2 (one ham K0BBC + wife)
Sylvia OE5YYN + Peter OE5AUL (Special dog cuisine to be served to Kimo in the camper van HI)

73 Ed.

Dinner Details:
SOTA Dinner 2019 - at the same place as in 2018 - the Landgasthof “Zum Goldenen Kreuz”, Burgweiler Straße 2, 88271 Wilhelmsdorf/Pfrungen from 18:30 local on Friday 21st June table for 20 booking confirmed. We have 23 at the moment - I will contact the restaurant and warn them that we could be up to 25 - I do not expect any problems.
Everyone pays their own food and drinks.

Menu here: Speisekarte 2022 - | Landgasthof, Restaurant, Biergarten, Ferienwohnungen, Gästezimmer, Vermietung in Wilhelmsdorf/Pfrungen (use Google translate or similar if you can’t read German).

P.S. Don’t forget “Something about 5” - no prizes - just some fun.
P.P.S. It is possible that some attendees will wish to take photos or videos - if you do not wish to be photographed please ensure the photographer knows, otherwise it is assumed that taking of photos (for non-commercial use) is agreed to by all.

1 Like

Hi Ed,

The call sign of Franz is ON9CBQ/DL3RBF.

73, Peter ON4UP

thanks corrected

Hi Ed,

Please count us in for the dinner as well :smiley::smiley:

Sylvia OE5YYN & Peter OE5AUL (Kimo will have his dinner in the camper van)

2 Likes

Bring something along to present if you wish, to do with “FIVE”.

OE5YYN & OE5AUL :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Thanks Sylvia - added. I’m almost certain you told me you’d be coming before but I can’t find the note - in any case all fine.

Hmm, I’ll only accept call signs as the “Something to do with 5” option if next year your callsigns have 6 in them … :smiley:

Ed.

1 Like

In a PM I received reference was made to a Group activation.

I tried to organise this last year and it didn’t quite go to plan. As I have a lot of other duties this year, does someone want to volunteer to schedule and organise group activations of one or both local summits (DM/BW-348 Gehrenberg which is about half way between Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen and the hotel/restaurant where we will all meet-up for dinner and DM/BW-854 Hoechsten which is about 10 minutes from the hotel/restaurant). perhaps some co-ordination will enable S2S contacts between the two summits?

1 Like

Just a reminder - no one has as yet come forward to coordinate the group summit activations. With my other responsibilities this year, I will not be able to.

Is the feeling simply to leave it to individual operators to activate as and when they can over the weekend and not coordinate to a particular time?
I know of at least one operator who is travelling from outside of Germany and would like to link up with someone doing the activations, so that he doesn’t need the airline hassles related to bringing his own gear on the plane. Perhaps we can have those willing to take other Ops with them arrange this at the SOTA midday meet-ups on Friday and Saturday. Alternatively if someone wishes to offer to transport and share your gear with this op, send me a private message and I will put you in touch.

73 Ed.

1 Like

OK, as I have had no offers from anyone to organise a joint activation of the two local SOTA summits to Friedrichshafen this year, I am dropping this suggestion.

There should be sufficient people activating the two summits over the period of the HAM RADIO event, that S2S contacts will occur in any case, just remember working another station on the SAME summit doesn’t count as one of the required 4 contacts.

For those in Europe (or further away if conditions are good) not attending the Friedrichshafen Ham Radio event, please call the different stations on the two summits ( DM/BW-348 & DM/BW-854 ) even if you have already worked the summit that day, so that the activator can get his or her minimum 4 contacts - thanks.

73 Ed.

Hi Ed,
I’d like to join the dinner together with my xyl.
Karl, OE5JKL

1 Like

That’s fine Karl, we are now up to 25 expected attendees - it should be great fun.

73 Ed.

A quck update - we’re now up to 35 attendees - the highest number of any FN SOTA Dinner so far!

Here’s the list - please check if you are on it, if you are coming and let me know if your plans have changed and you can’t make it:

• Joe OE5JFE
  • Michael DB7MM
  • Peter ON4UP , Franz ON9CBQ, Franz DL3RBF
  • Steve G1INK + 1
  • Matt OE6FEG
  • Luc ON7DQ
  • Jaan SM0OEK
  • Laurent F8CZI + XYL
  • Paul M0PLA + XYL
  • Paul W6PNG + 2 (one ham K0BBC + wife)
  • Heinz OE5EEP + 3 other hams
  • Sylvia OE5YYN + Peter OE5AUL (Special dog cuisine to be served to Kimo in the camper van HI)
  • Karl, OE5JKL + XYL
  • Franz OE5FSM + Dieter OE5DZL
  • Martin OE5REO
  • Heinrich IW3AGO + 1
  • Robert, DL5RT
  • Mike DJ5AV
  • Martino IU2IJW + XYL
  • Ed DD5LP

The theme of this fifth SOTA dinner is

Please think about your “Five Favourite SOTA things” (they can be summits or pieces of equipment or favourite chasers/activators or whatever) so you can list them at the dinner.

Not SOTA but this could be the dinners theme song.

Friday 21st July 2019 from 1830 CET.

With 28 possible attendees, this is likely to be the biggest SOTA dinner gathering in Friedrichshafen so far. All being well, as last year, we’ll be outside filling the tabled area overlooking the garden shown above. If the weather turns bad we’ll be “cosy” inside the restaurant!

Here’s some pictures from last year:

Friday 21st. June from 1830 - see you at:
Landgasthof “Zum Goldenen Kreuz”
Burgweiler Straße 2
88271 Wilhelmsdorf/Pfrungen
Tel.: 07503 / 558
E-Mail: info@gasthof-kreuz-pfrungen.de

1 Like

Can’t attend unfortunately - family duties / birthday on the same weekend. Désolé!

So looking forward for another one in a later year. Enjoy the dinner.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ