Friedrichshafen 2014 meeting

It’s just over 3 weeks to the rally now and as in previous years I suggest SOTA afficonados meet up by the QSL Wall at 12.00pm for the usual chatting photos and probably a beer!

I’ll be there for both Friday and Saturday. Also I know the G3UFO, GW4OKT, G4OBK, G4OOE, AD5A will visiting the rally at some time. Rob DM1CM (SOTA mapping project author) will along on one day as well.

Who else will be there?

Andy
MM0FMF

I will be there on Saturday …

73 Martin
www.oe5reo.at

In reply to MM0FMF:

I will be there on Friday as usual.

73, Milos S57D

In reply to MM0FMF:
Will be there at 12 local time, friday, saturday and sunday

on6uu

Not sure about Friday, but I try to be there on Saturday and Sunday.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

There will be a SOTA talk on Friday, 14:00 in
Konferenz-Zentrum West, Raum Schweiz:
SOTA - Climb & HAM extrem - Erfahrung, Technik und Taktik
by Emil, DL8JJ

and another presentation about the fascination of
mountaineering and amateur radio
on Saturday, 12:00 in the central foyer by DJ8JJ and DF3MC

I’m looking forward to meet many friends!

In reply to MM0FMF:

I will be there Friday or Saturday, but not both days. Likely will be on a SOTA summit in HB0 the other day.

73 Heinz, OE5EEP

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hello…
I will be there on Saturday…may bee friday but not for sure.

73 de Tom
DL1DVE

In reply to DL1DVE:
I am living close to Friedrichshafen.
I will be with the HAMRadio all 3 days but vy busy checking DXCC at ARRL desk
on Friday and Saturday.
Surely I will miss some activations during those days.
73 de Mike, dj5av

In reply to DF3MC:
Will be there on Friday and Saturday.

73 Hans

In reply to DF3MC:
Expect to be in FN all three days, so will try to make the meet-ups and if possible also the SOTA related presentations.

Is the Central foyer, where the QSL wall is? Otherwise I will have a problem attending your and Emil’s presentation Martin as it is at the same time as the SOTA meetup on Saturday - at the QSL Wall.

Ed DD5LP / G8GLM / VK2JI.

In reply to MM0FMF:
Im FDH again this year. Most likely Friday, so look forward to seeing you there.
Daryl. G0ANV.

Count also on me for friday and saturday behind the QSL wall at 12:00.
Sunday maybe I will be on the road back home.
Anyway, I will park inside the camping near Messe starting from wednesday evening, so anyone interested in chatting just give me a call on +40-735-012855.
73 de YO2MSB Sorin

In reply to MM0FMF:

Yes Andy / all,

Nick G4OOE and I will be at the Messe Friedrichshafen on Friday and Saturday. My last visit there was in 2009.

We also hope to activate OE/VB-512 Pfander late Friday and DM/BW-349 and BW-350 late Saturday. We are looking forward to the show and meeting with SOTA contacts face to face.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

I will be at the QSL wall on Friday and eventually also on Saturday. I hope to activate from HB0 on Thursday. The WX forecast looks favorable.

73 Heinz

The weather forecast look good for the weekend, so i will try to activate some summits during my trip to Friedrichshafen.

On Thursday after the arrival in the Bregenz Region i will do an evening activation on

HIRSCHBERG 1095m, OE/VB-509

On Friday my plan is to activate

AUGSTENBERG 2359m, HB0/LI-004
GORFION 2308m, OE/VB-241 (NOT SURE)

On Saturday i’m going to Friedrichshafen and hopefully will meet lots of SOTA-HAMS at the QSL-Wall!

On Sunday, before heading home again i will activate

RANGENBERG 828m, DM/BW-088

If you want you can follow me online:

aprs.fi - live APRS map and
aprs.fi - live APRS map

Hope to make lots of contacts from the summits!

73 de Martin
www.oe5reo.at

In reply to OE5REO:
Hi Martin,
I also have Rangenberg planned for my return journey on Sunday afternoon. Hoping to catch some of the SOTA Cycling activators in the UK who will be out on Sunday, your morning activation is more likely to catch them I suspect.

At present the weather forecast is not good for Sunday - but that can change.

73 Ed.

P.S. heading out this morning to activate Weichberg DL/AL-179 and hopefully work some others activating summits on their way to FN.

In reply to DD5LP:
It was great meeting up with the SOTA hams at the QSL wall at Ham Radio. I had a chance to activate HB/ZH-004 on Thursday 26 June.

Enjoyed my visit to Ham Radio

Dennis,DL/ZS4BS

On Thursday while en-route to Friedrichhafen I could activate Augstenberg HB0/LI-004 and Gorfion OE/VB-241.

I was at the 12 o’clock meeting both days, Friday and Saturday. There were about 20 - 25 people showing each day. It was nice to meet some old friends and to match faces to well-known callsigns, also to trade tipps on accessing mountains.

The weather was dry and not too hot. Many participants used the opportunity to activate summits in the surrounding area. With so many hams in the area activations on 2m FM were remarkebly easy. I wish, it would be this way throughout the year…

73 Heinz, OE5EEP

In reply to DD5LP:
Due to the heavy, constant rain on Sunday, I didn’t manage the Rangenberg activation on my way home from Friedrichshafen. That one will stay in the “to be activated” list waiting for the better weather.

Thanks to all the SOTA activators and chasers at Friedrichshafen and especially to Emil DL8JJ and Martin DF3MC for their presentations given at the event. SOTA Extreme is definately what Emil does - crikey!

73 'til the next summit Ed DD5LP