Frequencies for 15m & 10m

As a newbie to SOTA I am noticing that certain frequencies tend to be used etc. Are there any particular frequencies regularly used for 15m & 10m CW & SSB?

Yesterday there was plenty of activity on 15m with the ARRL DX CW contest, but still enough space to play SOTA…20m however, was a different story!!

Keith GW4OKT

In reply to GW4OKT:

As a newbie to SOTA I am noticing that certain frequencies tend to be
used etc. Are there any particular frequencies regularly used for 15m
& 10m CW & SSB?

Yesterday there was plenty of activity on 15m with the ARRL DX CW
contest, but still enough space to play SOTA…20m however, was a
different story!!

Keith GW4OKT

try 28.050 + OR - 10 kc same on 21.050 + or - 10 kc
seems to be the norm ,
BUT i DON,T DO CW TRY iAN GW8OGI HE IS ABOUT ON CW ALL THE TIME

GRAHAM Gw0hus

In reply to GW0HUS:Hi My suggestion for 10 metres would be and 28.555 for ssb .This would be similar to Geralds 144.333 and 432.222 ssb for 2 and 70 cm.ATB Geoff G6MZX

In reply to GW4OKT:

As a newbie to SOTA I am noticing that certain frequencies tend to be
used etc. Are there any particular frequencies regularly used for 15m
& 10m CW & SSB?

15m… What a band Keith! I don’t do CW either, but for me 15M is the jewel in the crown when it comes to Amateur Radio.

Funnily enough, G1STQ and myself activated The Cloud last summer using 15m. Some of the chasers expressed thier surpise to find us there. IIRC, as well a Europe, we worked into the States and Canada using both the 817, 857 a linked dipole and a fishing pole antenna.

Must say, I’m looking forward the summer to give 15M another try on a SOTA outing.

Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to GW4OKT:

Keith

When SOTA first started activators used the traditional QRP frequencies, but the QRP ops soon compained that whilst SOTA activators were usually using QRP the chasers certainly were not and this resulted in a lot of deliberate QRM.

The CW SOTA ops then moved a couple of KHz away from QRP spots, so we tend to use 3558, 7032, 10118 14058, 18086, 21058 and 28058 KHz.

A CW chaser with one receiver will monitor 7032 KHz, with 2 receivers he will also monitor 10118 KHz. There will not be anyone monitoring higher than this so you will need to post an alert or self spot. If you do this it will not matter which frequency you use.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:Thanks Roy and indeed everyone else - well some interesting points! Yes, I can appreciate that the main activity for HF will be on 7032 and 10118, so a post will be the order of the day if I want to be noticed as a SOTA station on 15m.

Thanks for the help, I’ve only had a few outings but I’m really enjoying the HF CW!

Cheers
Keith