For those with a difficult callsign I offer this advice

The original subject, as it often happens in many other threads, drifted a bit, but I still see this problem of trying to send faster than one actually can, thus making too many errors at sending the own callsign, is well related to the original subject, as there may not be difficult callsigns but inappropiate morse sending speeds used or poor morse copying skills, inappropiate non standard spelling words used, inappropiate or inexistent spacing between callsign letters sent in morse, inappropiate voice volume used, inappropiate mouth to microphone distance…
And many other variables may affect.
Cheers,

Guru

Here you can hear ship/shore tfc on 500khz the international Safety & Distress calling frequency throughout the world. You’ll hear lots of “up 485/510” or similiar which indicates what working frequency both stns will tx/rx on. QTC = ‘I have a telegram to send’. ‘DE’ sometimes left out. Lots and lots of QRM, to which all the ROs had to read through and as you say it had to be read 100%. 500 kHz in Europe, the Summer of 1974 - YouTube