Flickr

Anyone else had problems logging into Flickr today…??

Steve.

In reply to MW0BBU:

No.

In reply to MM0FMF:
All sorted, well sort of… Flickr has been unavailable to BT internet users for a couple of days in that people cannot log in to upload photos, pain in the butt as it’s still on going.

Steve.

In reply to MW0BBU:

Bummer. You have my sympathy Steve. Not for the login issue but for having BT internot access. I remember when I had BT as my ISP. I’ve tried to forget the experience, I’ve had the therapy. But it’s no good. I still have the nightmares. ADSL drop outs, no connection, slowness, general lameness. Hours and hours of problems then all of a sudden it would work for a few hours. Lost track of the number of fault reports and home visits. Then there was dealing with the outsourced customer help. Not nice.

I’m with Virgin now on cable. Eye-wateringly expensive compared to other providers. But it works. And works. And works. BT Infinity might work but having seen what it was like with BT before I’d but reluctant to touch it. Especially as I get upgraded to 6Mbps/60Mbps in July for free.

The descriptions on the forums suggest someone has disabled all the BTYahoo logins. I know how easy it is to type in some T-SQL expecting a few acounts to be changed and find that everyone has got a 3 point bonus for all their activations! There’ll be some dudes scrabbling around as we speak trying to find the correct backup tape so they can fix it.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I’m with Virgin now on cable. Eye-wateringly expensive compared to
other providers. But it works. And works. And works. BT Infinity might
work but having seen what it was like with BT before I’d but reluctant
to touch it. Especially as I get upgraded to 6Mbps/60Mbps in July for
free.

Agreed, the VM service is pretty good. However it is not perfect. A while ago our VM broadband connection started going down and eventually stopped working altogether. After 24 hours, and after checking there were no network or engineering issues, I complained. The next day an engineer came round and ‘fixed’ the problem by removing 16dB of attenuators from our cable. I guess they’d reduced the power levels since our connection was initially set up, either incrementally as the user base grew, or all in one go. If the later then they certainly hadn’t told anyone they were going to do it.

Rick.

In reply to MM0FMF:

You have an option to BT - luxury!!

We have BT, or one of their clones using the BT system, and that is it. We MIGHT get 2Mb during the day but the moment the children of the village return from school the speed drops and by 9pm the speed is down to 0.5Mb if I am lucky. Took 10 minutes (yes 10) last night to access the database & I eventually lost the will to live!!

And the powers-that-be wonder why we cannot attract businesses to our village!

I do feel better for that!

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:
You thinks it’s bad out in the sticks? Only BT here (25K from Glasgow) and lucky if we exceed >1M at all. 6.5K from Wishaw exchange. End of the line.

Though must say service is reliable - as long as I remember to reset the router on the odd morning after BT have tickered about with the exchange overnight and the communications it has with the ‘hing-in’ on routers? (all wireless connected compters loose connection with router??)

Fibre feed to the village around the corner?

Cheers - ‘High-Speed’ Jack (;>)

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hello Andy,
All you have listed fault wise has happened here and the home visits, getting some sort of answer out of Flickr is a task in its self… oh and the site still isn’t working for BT internet users… yup it’s a bummer.

Steve.

In reply to MW0BBU:

What surprises me Steve is the lack of noise on the forums about this. BT has a lot of internet customers and you’d expect a good percentage of them to use Flickr. In which case the forums should be crying out from the posts but they’re not.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hello Andy,
There is a stream on the Flickr help forum and just 17 mins ago a staff member posted that they were at it all weekend and still trying, it would appear what ever has happened is affecting people in Canada too.Thing is people have created secondary accounts to get on this forum but frustratingly still have no access to their main accounts, some posting that they can see that some pics have disappeared from their pages too. All very interesting.

Steve.