FL/VO Tour from 24/6 till 29/6.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for qso today. I will try tomorrow for S2S.

Today I activated LX/LX-001, also LXFF-0002.
It was a vy good activation. I made 65 QSO’s in about one hour. Best DX was KD1CT.
17 mtrs : 7 qso’s
30 mtrs : 32 qso’s
40 mtrs : 26 qso’s
Tnx all chasers.

73 Tonnie - PA9CW.

2 Likes

Tonnie, I plan to be on G/DC-008 on 26/06 at about 09:00 to 10:00 UTC. If you don’t mind a slow CW QSO I will be listening for you.

John
M0WIV

1 Like

John,

No problem. I will QRS if we “find” each other on the air.

GL es hope to cu. 73 Tonnie - PA9CW

1 Like

Hello Tonnie

If it would be possible for you… it would be great if you could write in the alert when you are planning which summit.

73 Armin

1 Like

Today I activated three summits.
Total QSO’s 112. Amazing what a lot of chasers today. That’s the reason I only activated three summits.
Also some S2S. Worked 40/30/20/17 meters.

Thanks all chasers.

Cu tomorrow.

6 Likes

Thanks TONNIE for 2 x s2s from F/AM-347.
A réal pleasure

73 QRO

5 Likes

Thanks Roger. A big pile-up, but we made the S2S.
Goodluck. I’m now on my way to the next summit.

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

Today it was vy nice wx. I activated :
FL/VO-011 FL/VO-173 FL/VO-002 FL/VO-015
Made over 130 QSO’s and some S2S QSO’s. It was vy crowded on FL/VO-002. But after 25 QSO’s the owner came to me and ask to stop. It was private property, he said. So I had to leave. I tried to talk to him what I was doing. But no no, you have to stop! I showed him the SOTA Leaflet, which I always carry with me. But he didn’t read it. So I went QRT.

With regards to FL/VO-002: it’s a known fact mentioned a few times on the reflector that amateur radio operators are not welcome there. There’s a panel on the entrance road mentioning that. I did activate this summit, well outside sight of the hut, in what appeared to be outside the private zone, but still inside the AZ.

2 Likes

Hi Tonnie
Sorry to hear that about your experience on FL/VO-002. I remember postings on the reflector discussing Le Hohneck and a sign saying “No CB” or somesuch sited there by an anti-radio restauranteur. When I operated in 2018 I went beyond the restaurant concerned and set up where the grassy topped hill slopes away. Maybe he didn’t see me - if so I was very lucky. You were partly lucky in that you made 25 QSOs and were well qualified. He could own all the land I guess? It’s the same in UK - it is often very difficult to determine who the landowners is. Some pics of FL/VO-002 from when I was there in 2018. We had our evening meal at the place at the bottom of the hill road - very friendly staff and good food I recall.

73 Phil G4OBK

2 Likes

Hello Tonnie.

Here others have already written about the Hohneck and that they were not welcome.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of that sign. And on the reflector. But it’s in the pocket :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Today activated:
FL/VO-010 FL/VO-176 FL/VO-177 FL/VO-012
Nice wx in the morining, but at around 16:00 LT a lot of rain.
I made 115 QSO’s. Again a lot of chasers. And 6 S2S.
The walk to the top of L’Altenberg, FL/VO-012, was a vy hard one. Steep, long and hard to find.

Tomorrow not sure what to plan.

Thanks Roger, for the correct ref spot in the morning. Forgot to edit the alert.

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

4 Likes

Today was the weather fine. Sunny and from about 17:00 LT some rain. I parked the car in Le Rouge Gazon.
I activated in the morning FL/VO-004. It was an easy activation.
The second activation was FL/VO-006. After 14 km walking and almost 750 meters up. The summit was hard to find. Later I saw I took the wrong way, and walked the whole time around the summit. Up and down.
But in the end after two and a half hour I reached the top. Unfortunately again not a nice view. Only trees.
I was back at the parking around 16:30 LT. So no time for another activation.
45 QSO’s and some S2S.
Tomorrow I’m going home. On the way back maybe a SOTA.

5 Likes

I activated 14 summits, made (incredible) 469 QSO’s and 130 points. And had a lot of FUN!
Rig : KX3 - QRP - CW.
Ant : Homemade EFHW 40/30/20.
Accu : 4200 mAh NiMH.

After a few days I have made this Youtube video. At 6 minutes you hear CW QSO. With some pile-ups.

Thanks all chasers.

73/44 - Tonnie - PA9CW.

4 Likes

Great video

I think - now the Vosges will get even more visitors

73 Armin

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment…

Ambient music, many familiar callsigns heard, atmospheric video - enjoyed it Tonnie, great tour!

73 Phil

1 Like

Thanks Phil. Music was made in GarageBand.

73, Tonnie - PA9CW.