FL/VO-012 Storm stopped play!

Hi all. Apologies to chasers. Just got going with 5 contacts when a storm rolled in. Lightning and heavy rain.
Antenna down and try to hide from the rain.

As I got back to the van the sun has come out!

So VO-170 is still likely in an hour or so.

Gerald

8 Likes

Bad luck! Hope the storm leaves you alone soon….:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks… by the time I’d retreated back to the car park the sun was out again!
Managed a further activation later in the afternoon.

2 Likes

That’s not what you expect in June. :frowning: But it looks like things will dryer tomorrow and much better from Friday according to Ventusky.

2 Likes

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the S2S yesterday, when you were on FL/VO-010 and I was on FL/VO-018, just a couple of km away!

I also got wet, but somehow I managed to stay away from the flashes, partly thanks to the radar images, but it was mainly luck.

Unfortunately, when you activated the next two summits, I was driving and hiking to two other ones (FL/VO-177 and FL/VO-008).

BTW: I saw that you mixed up my call:
vo-10

I hope, you don’t get (too) wet today!

73 Stephan

3 Likes

I’ll fix that! I type onto my small phone screen in VKPortaLog and sometimes make mistakes. Apologies.

2 Likes

Hi Gerald,

No worries, I have the same setup.

To lower the possible entry errors, I use a current names.csv file. If the call sign you entered doesn’t show a corresponding name, then either the call is wrong or not (yet) in the database.

I maintain a names.csv file that I periodically update (currently consisting of 72,380 calls that are somehow related with portable radio).

HB9BIN maintains a similar names.csv file that sometimes contains WWFF references.

73 Stephan

2 Likes

Now downloaded and book marked. Thanks!

I just created and uploaded an updated names.csv file, containing now 72,425 call signs:
https://hb9sota.ch/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/names.csv

When checking for an updated file, please start at my SOTA page, since the WordPress upload path changes every month.

73 Stephan

2 Likes