Fix your Logging Errors?

The new SOTA database has provided me with an incentive to correct any historic logging errors, and I found quite a big one. I activated G/SP-008 Boulsworth Hill on 31/08/2008, but my log was corrupt. I guess its been like this for almost 15 years, but by searching the database honour rolls either as a chaser or activator using the pull down option for a band you may never use, or a mode you would never use, (such as OTHER) you may also find you have made input error mistakes and you could consider correcting them yourself.

For instance, as an example try this in the new database with these filters set:

Activator Roll of Honour:

All G - All Years - All Bands - OTHER

40 UK activators have used mode OTHER.

Chaser Roll of Honour:

All G - All Years - All Bands - OTHER

104 UK chasers have used mode OTHER

It’s up to you whether you find and correct your logging errors. You cannot expect the MT or database manager to do it for you - they do more than enough work for our community on all our behalfs.

In my opinion self imposed Quality Assurance of your logs should be seen as important, so as to provide integrity of the SOTA database.

I will continue to search for errors in my logs to ensure they are as near to 100% accurate as they can be.

73 Phil G4OBK

PS Just tried this one with filters set to:

All Associations - All Years - VLF - All Modes

325 Chasers have made VLF contacts (Highest VLF points score 342)
149 Activators have made VLF contacts (Highest VLF points score 46)

LOL!!

6 Likes

Thanks Phil
Just been having a play with the filters and only found one “other”, this was for an SSTV contact with Tom M1EYP. Must say, the new look dashboard is impressive.
Tim
G4YTD

2 Likes

Hi Phil,

Just cleaned on my chaser log 2 “OTHER” and 5 “FM” QSO on HF :crazy_face:

I’ve again a problem in Old database/awards, 144 and up.

Can’t find anything on this band :thinking:

73, Éric
F5JKK

Edit:

How is it possible? My 9 QSOs out of 144 and up are only F stations :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder Phil.

The new badges are also good for spotting dubious logging - I found I had a microwave badge. Now moved that one CW contact from 10GHz to 10MHz :grinning:

Jonathan

2 Likes

Hi Phil,

Statistics can give us many surprising information - as you said.
I cleaned 16 “others”, for more than 43 thousands logged contacts I think it was “good” result :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes