Five Hundred and Counting

On Saturday 27 October while activating GW/NW-070 Great Orme, my contact with Barry MW0IML/P activating GW/NW-059 Allt y Main, gave me a 500th summit to summit contact.

Thanks to all the activators.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Hello Mike

well done on the 500th s2s I am happy to be one of them was looking out for you on 2m as I was in welshpool and looking for that new summit of NW-070. :slight_smile:

Ricky
MW6GWR

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Many congratulations, Mike. I’m still struggling to reach the first hundred. Hope to speak again soon.

Rod

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Well done Mike, many congratulations.

I only keep a record of my 2m, 70cms and 23cms S2S contacts and I know just how hard it is make them. I am slowly struggling towards my 250 on 2m. The others? - don’t ask: just 23 on 70cms and 8 on 23cms. Must try harder! :slight_smile:

Here’s to the next 500!

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

just 23 on 70cms and 8 on 23cms

26 on 70 and 12 on 23!

pwned! :wink:

However, it’s not exactly difficult to acrue a massive S2S count.

Andy
MM0FMF

757 S2S contacts. But that is since 2002, and I’ve not had that many really since becoming a primarily HF CW activator a few years ago. I suspect I would have had a lot more by now had I continued my MO of 2m FM activating.

500 in that time is a good effort Mickey. I would have to say that out of all those 757 S2S contacts, number 757 is my personal favourite! I have been checking through my logs today, which is why I had the number to hand. I found myself several chaser contacts that I hadn’t logged, so I’ve benefited to the tune of a handful of points! I also see that I’ve passed through the 20K mark for activator contacts, which now stands at 20,204.

Sounds quite good until you compare it with how many Steve G1INK has done. I haven’t checked where he’s at now, but I’m sure it was well over 50K some time ago.

Tom M1EYP

Well Done Mickey! Congratulations!

In reply to M1EYP:

I’ve not had that many
really since becoming a primarily HF CW activator a few years ago. I
suspect I would have had a lot more by now had I continued my MO of 2m
FM activating.

Yeah, I notice that my chaser score is starting to lag behind a bit now too. My chaser score used to keep roughly in pace with my activator score, I think I’ve only had one S2S on CW, and that was a station who called me.

Colin
M0CGH

No more S2S tomorrow.

Jimmy has a day off. I have a day off. We were going to walk up Kinder Scout. Until we saw this:

(Click on Wed 31, Map and Rainfall).

Bother! Oh well, some extra time to get on with some tutorials for Jimmy’s Advanced course I guess.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Jimmy’s Advanced course

Just don’t call it an Advanced Licence!

Shame about the weather, been persisting it down all day here. I can just about see across the car park through the dreik. I’m not worried… EA3 land is calling.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Perhaps not difficult but certainly time-consuming. I have been analysing my activator log and find that I have averaged one S2S contact for every 39 minutes of activation time on HF and one S2S contact for every 26 minutes of activation time on 2 metres. Is this in the same ballpark as your results, Mike?

Brian G8ADD

What on earth are you moaning for Brian? 81 minutes per S2S here. Good job I’ve been activating for over 42 days…

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

What on earth are you moaning for Brian? 81 minutes per S2S here.
Good job I’ve been activating for over 42 days…

It just goes to show how much of a hurly-burly those CW pile-ups are, Tom, you probably couldn’t hear the S2S callers under the racket!

Good job SSB and FM are a bit more gentlemanly!

Brian

In reply to G8ADD:

In reply to MM0FMF:

Perhaps not difficult but certainly time-consuming. I have been
analysing my activator log and find that I have averaged one S2S
contact for every 39 minutes of activation time on HF and one S2S
contact for every 26 minutes of activation time on 2 metres. Is this
in the same ballpark as your results, Mike?

Far too much counting for me Brian :wink:

Perhaps the easiest way to approach the the problem would be…

Since the 1st January this year, I have done 88 activations, 312 S2S and 8200 QSO’s

An average of 1 S2S for every 26.2 QSO’s or 3.5 S2S per activation and 93.2 contacts per activation.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Well, I’ll never approach those QSO figures, Mike - I hate paperwork! :wink:

Brian G8ADD

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Its about time you got out a bit more if thats what you do on your days off.

Congratulations Mickey. You should be in line for some sort of S2S award?

The things you do to get out of doing the housework!

Now get back up the Gun and enjoy it as I was up there last week and the farm is after planning for a wind generator :frowning:

In reply to G1STQ:

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Its about time you got out a bit more if thats what you do on your
days off.

Congratulations Mickey. You should be in line for some sort of S2S
award?

The things you do to get out of doing the housework!

Blimey! I thought you had emigrated :wink:

Now get back up the Gun and enjoy it as I was up there last week and
the farm is after planning for a wind generator :frowning:

That is sad news, I do hope they don`t chop down the hawthorn tree next to the trig point :frowning:

Maybe they`ll make a decent track up to the trig.

Hopefully, see you Thursday.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to G1STQ:

You should be in line for some sort of S2S award

The existing Activator & Chaser Awards can be annotated to show that the station was on a summit if so desired. Nobody has asked yet about possible added text for these.

Mind you, checking could be a nightmare at present.

73 Barry
GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager