First SOTA summit after lockdown and winning the lottery?

You and me both!

There are many easy routes that are boring in themselves but redeemed by great views. The routes that I enjoy most are varied and spring surprises on you, such as unexpected gaps, outcrops to be avoided or taken head on, or false summits that reveal changes in the style of the terrain, such as grass to rock.

1 Like

I am still fairly young and have 15 years until retirement. If I could take the time off and won the lottery, I would train for and book a trip to climb and activate Denali, KLF/DE-001.

I have activated several 14ers and 13ers in Colorado and I hope Colorado lets us travel and hike again soon!

Mark N0MTN

The highest mountain in North-America. Wow!
Very nice and ambitious choice, Mark.
Impressive!

3 Likes

Did anyone else enter the Mammut “Eiger at Home” contest? https://www.mammut.com/us/en/EigerAtHome/ First prize package includes a guided alpine tour in the area around the Eiger/Jungfrau/Monch complex. I had a fantasy of winning the prize and telling the guide “Just take me up one of these summits and give me an hour there – oh, and may I borrow your axe for my antenna mast?” :smile:

2 Likes

Holiday in Grasmere in the lake District. Activate Scafell Pike (G/LD-001), Hevellyn (G/LD-003) and
Skiddaw (G/LD-004).

Over a few days obviously!

1 Like