First 100!

Got my first SOTA certificate today… 100 chaser points! WAHEY!! hit 101 points at 1238 with a QSO with MQ0JKS/P on GW/NW-002 Carnedd Llewelyn :slight_smile: Certificate ordered, already! Now, on to the 250 contacts!

Cheers

Alan 2E0JWA

25 Likes

WELL DONE Alan!
I always felt the certificate for the first 100 points - initially chaser and later activator, were the ones that I got the most pleasure from. After that it’s just slogging away building up the points to the various levels but the first 100 is something special.

WELL DONE.

Ed DD5LP.

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: it seems so far away… and then, just like that i get a 10 pointer and im on 101 points!! im made up, and cant wait for my certificate now… going to be a lot longer for my 100 activator points though :frowning:

Cheers

Alan

1 Like

One thing to remember - this is not a race and it doesn’t matter how well (or badly) others are doing. The challenge is your challenge to do at your pace.

If you stick with just chasing and don’t get into activating - that’s fine also - whatever fits what YOU want to do.

73 Ed.

6 Likes

yea, I do both… but im not fit enough for the big point mountains sadly… so itll take some time to get the 100!

Cheers

Alan

2 Likes

Congratulations Alan. Here’s to the next hundred! :beers:

73 - Matthew M0JSB

1 Like

Congratulations Alan, that’s good going! :+1:

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

Congratulations Alan, hope to work you again from another summit sometime soon.

2 Likes

Alan,

Congratulations on achieving this milestone.

Whilst I do try to contact SOTA stations from time to time at my home QTH, I am more of an activator than a chaser currently.
Some time ago I read that a recent MG stated that getting to 100 points was more satisfying than getting to 1,000 points.
I agree from an activator’s perspective. A chaser’s perspective may be different, but savour the moment in getting to this milestone. You will never reach it again!
73, Robert
M0RWX

1 Like

It does because i think it shows a level of commitment. that commitment is pretty obvious by the time you hit 1000!

Thanks!

Alan

2 Likes