Favourite SOTA Picture Part 2

There are several “groups” for SOTA photos on the photo sharing site Flickr, which used to be owned by Yahoo but no longer.

Flickr: The Summits on the Air Photo Pool Pool Is a link to the “Summits On The Air photo pool” group

Flickr: The SOTA Pool Is a link to the “SOTA” group.

Uploading photos to Flickr is free up to 1000 photos unless you want structure in your photo albums, which requires a Pro account for an annual fee.

2 Likes

14 Likes

G/SC-003
They’ve got horns :worried: Fortunately he became distracted by the attractions of licking her face and stopped following me!

7 Likes

EA1/PO-013 Ascent to the peak after the 2017 fires…
A moment of enormous sadness…

12 Likes

Snow in the Peneda Gerês nature park. View of CT / MN-011 from CT / MN-009

9 Likes

2-Goats observing a Mountain Goat (Peanut & Rooster Goat(s) watching Fred/KT5X)

15 Likes

13 Likes

On top of Fox Peak ZL3/CB-091 looking at the Southern Alps with Mt Cook ZL3/CB-001 prominent to the left of shot.

19 Likes

Grassy Ridge Bald W4C/EM-001 with my son.

10 Likes

2 headed goat :wink:

1 Like

19 Likes

9 Likes

There are so many great photos on this thread! How can any of us choose a favorite - is it a particularly well executed photo, or one that evokes an especially fond memory? Who’s to know? This is my contribution - it was taken from an outhouse. This is

on W7M/FN-154 (Loneman Peak) on the south edge of Glacier National Park.

Rob - AE7AP

16 Likes

How about a desert photo — Big Bend National Park looking south in the Sierra Quemadas and Mexico in distance.

10 Likes

Awesome photo. I love Glacier NP and hope
To be able to get back to not only hike but activate a peak.

1 Like

5 Likes

Sunset on Monte Cavlera I/LO-243
Activation with Martino IU2IJW

12 Likes

My favorite SOTA picture is not of me but of K1LIZ, Liz who is the only NA Female Double MG. She is currently having some significant health issues and needs our prayers. Dean ~ K2JB

15 Likes

On the trail to Mt Angeles W7W/NO-045
W7W/NO-045 (Mount Angeles)

10 Likes

Yesterday I activated a summit near my home.
When I just finished to deploy antenna and set the shack , I realized how lucky I am for make sotas.

There’s no better shack that the mountain summit.

6 Likes