F4WBN broke in a new SOTA activator

Me and two other hams went out today to activate W4V/SH-019. The weather was beautiful with temps in the high 60s on the summit, clear skies, and a light breeze. While two of us have been flogging away at the local mountains for a few years now, this was KJ4EOW’s first SOTA activation. He dragged a Yaesu 857, big LifePo battery, and a loop antenna up to the summit for his inaugural trip. His first HF contact was none other than F4WBN. I heard Christian’s voice booming out of the speaker and had to smile. He successfully activated the summit (all three of us did actually) and we think he’s hooked. :smiley:

17 Likes

When I read that I read Christians call out in my head in his voice:-) Well done.

7 Likes

FB! I didn’t even know he had a voice. He does, however, have a good fist. :smile:

6 Likes

That made me LOL. :smiley:

2 Likes

F4WBN is an avid chaser and usually has a great signal. Congrats to your friend for a first activation with DX.

1 Like

Some say Chris can contact you even before you turn the radio on.

3 Likes

Most definitely. He’s often stronger than many domestic stations. I’m waiting for him to chase me on 2mFM. :smiley:

3 Likes

So he’s SOTA’s Stig?

4 Likes