F/CR-263 - 30/10/2022

Hi all,

Last Sunday was on F/CR-263 The summit of Bois Redon is located in the very north of Vaucluse between the three municipalities of Bollène, Saint-Restitut and Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux. The summit stone is right next to the Météo France site, the view is not great, we are surrounded by a forest of small holm oaks which hides a good part of it except to the north.

View to north

Météo France station (no QRM)

I had gone to try my Arrow II antenna on 2m and 70cm with an FT-4XE, but the summit is surrounded by a forest dense of small evergreen oaks which obscures a good part of the view and surely the waves at these frequencies except at north. 8 QSOs on VHF and 2 on UHF. I will test again on a next activation.

The propagation was good, in total 66 QSOs (CW&SSB) including 8 S2S

Thanks all chasers

Here a short video :nerd_face:

A beautiful area where you will find good restaurants, there is even a wine cellar carved into the rock 500m from the summit, to visit just next to the car park :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is thanks to Roger @F5LKW that I wanted to do this SOTA which is 70km from my home :+1:

73, Éric
F5JKK

16 Likes

Bravo Éric !
I couldn’t QSO you cosly wx was raining on my side. I will wait another activation for complete
73 QRO
Roger

2 Likes

Thanks for our contact, Eric. This time not from a summit but from nearby the mother-in-law, with my SOTA gear and the company of sheep and cats.

73, Markus HB9DIZ

5 Likes