F/AM-142 activation

Back from F/AM-142 with Thierry F4EGG.

Here’s little vid after a QSO with VE3VEE showing the surrounding area. As usual we were running 5w on solar power using a FT-817.

I’ll add more later on if anything comes along.

Arnaud.
F/JG1XMV

In reply to JG1XMV:

Good morning Arnaud,

Thanks for the video - impressive views. I understand now why you are saving weight by using the panels. It allows for more refreshing liquid :wink:

Thanks
Mike

In reply to JG1XMV:
Encore bravo !

In reply to F5LKW:
Thanks for the nice video… And the other view of the WST between “La Barre des Ecrins” and the city of “Briançon”… That’s fine to see that from another view !
Great !
Thanks for contact also…
Heard you to the next… ??? Hummm… ROCHEBRUNE ???
Bye
Tof F5UBH
73 Everybody…

In reply to G6TUH:

That’s right Mike, we optimized the weight of our set-up in order to maximize the amount of refreshing liquid we could bring up there :wink: hehe

Arnaud

In reply to JG1XMV:

Bonjour Roger and Tof, merci. We’ll try 1 or 2 more activations before I go back to Japan, we have not yet decided on the summits, it will be a surprise :slight_smile:

Arnaud

In reply to JG1XMV:

Just a little background on this activation. We were planning on taking a mountain road and hike about 400m of vert to the summit from the W-NW side. Unfortunately when we arrived there in the morning we found they had built a gate with a lock on it… Great. So we had to drive back down and start from the S-SE side with 700m of vert. No big deal but it put us behind on our schedule. The views made-up for it. I could not help it but stop along the way and take a lot of pictures.

Arnaud