European SOTA Activity Day Part 2 - Reports

activation zone looks like an epic figure - creepy

All I know is that 9A6AA and 9A2HW were doing a joint activation from 9A/ZH-002 = 9AFF-0013
That would improve the ODX I think.

73, Hans PB2T

Hello Hans DL3HJG,

You heard 9A2HW from 9A/ZH-002 1032m asl JN75xv, … he made interesting QSO’s on 2m band: 9A, S5, OE, OK and OM stations.

73 de Boris 9A2GA

Hans,
I do not quite understand why the QSO would not be valid.
You have call and report, 9A/ZH is the only 9A region with a “U”: DH delta, GH golf, IH India, PH Papa.
There is no possibility of confusion, at least if Nato alphabet was used.
So you have all information you need.
Sota program is based on honsesty so it*s up to you if you insist on gaining the chaser points or not. At least it was a valid “standard” QSO. congrats 2m DX.
73 Martin

1 Like

Well done Chris - Good to see you on here at last
Tim
G4YTD

Hi Martin,
I am totally agree.
There is also question how to count S2S QSOs logged a few times on the same band using the same modulation with the same operator activating the same summit.
After checking my log I found one such a dupe did by mistake with ON4FI/P on 30m CW.
Should be: one band, one modulation, one summit, one operator, no more than one QSO.
Of course decision is not mine :wink:

73, Jarek

You just log them all and the database will get the score correct.

I did so but I am now talking not about the score but about interpretation of the rule:
Number of S2S contacts
This is a ranking of activators with the highest number of S2S contacts made on that day.

73, Jarek

Easy!
They are just DUPES, so no points, like in contests.
That’s my view.

Guru

2 Likes

Jarek,

Another point would also be by when a participant in this event has to upload his results to the SOTA DB in order to be included in the ranking list for the Swiss Army Knifes …

it is perfectly specified :wink:

Jarek,

You must have overlooked by when in my note… :wink::wink:

14 days was specified by Jürg (If I recall that correctly). So 3rd of October 23:59:59 UTC from my point of view.

1 Like

Everything specified in topic European Sota Day - Prizes…

73, Sylvia

Hello Boris 9A2GA,
thank you for your confirmation of my assumption.
OE3VPU says the QSO is valid.
I will enter it in the S2S-Log. 9A2HW should also enter the QSO in his S2S log
Thank your colleague 9A2HW for his patience.
I’m interested in his rig.
A QSO on 2m-fm over 551km is not every day! This is my top distance QSO!

Hans DL3HJG

2 Likes

Enjoyed EU SOTA Activity day from 9A/PH-044 (also 9AFF-0055) on 60/40/30/20/2 m with X5105 5W, 12,8 m LW, 5 m fishing rod and HT, ttl 62 QSO.

short video: SOTA 9A/PH-044 9AFF-0055 | GoPro

73, Rudy 9a3r/p

6 Likes

Hi Rudy,
Tnx S2S on 60m CW & 40m CW :wink:
73, Jarek

2 Likes

Thanks for the QSO and FB pictures ! ON4VT

2 Likes

Hi Danny,
Thank you very much for your call. It was my first EU SOTA QSO! Was really exciting day.

Toru K JH0CJH, JA1CTV, 8J0K

1 Like

I was QRV from 9A/GH-073 Zagradski vrh as 9A2GA/P, windy day,… worked on 40m CW with QCX 5W and inverted V antenna and 2m FM with FT65, …on the same day we had also 4th 9A SOTA activity day with many 9A SOTA stations on air.
Thanks to all for the contacts!
Short video: 9A2GA @ SOTA Zagradski vrh 9A/GH-073 during 1st EU SOTA ACTIVITY DAY

73 de Boris 9A2GA

5 Likes