Euro-licence?

OK,

Trying to look up how I go about transmitting in mainland Europe and the licencing regs/applications required.

Getting bogged down in loads of legalese, so can I ask on here.

Q: How do I go about getting my licence to Tx in say Germany and Belgium?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but never done it before :frowning:

In reply to G1STQ:

You don’t do anything. You have a licence to operate in Germany. See section 16 of the paper licence you were sent when lifetime licences were brought in. Or look at the PDF version of your licence you downloaded.

Andy
MM0FMF

http://www.oevsv.at/export/oevsv/download/DiverseFiles/Laender_mit_CEPT-Lizenz.pdf

All Countries, who you can TX with your licence
Holger
OE7HPI

In reply to G1STQ:

Hi John, you just have to remember to adhere to that particular Countries rules, for example if in Germany no /m or /p operation on 6m, and some countries used to have no tx above 7.1Mhz on 40m although I think these may all have changed now. Listen out for me & GW0DSP from Germany next month. We may also stray into ON & LX as well.

In reply to G1STQ:

Q: How do I go about getting my licence to Tx in say Germany and
Belgium?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but never done it before :frowning:

As people have said, with a full licence you have a CEPT licence so you can operate in any CEPT country without further hassle.

However, you need to operate by the rules of the country you are in as mentioned.

You also need to have a paper copy of your licence with you and it’s a good idea to have the CEPT T/R 61 document also.

The text of T/R 61-01 is available at
http://www.erodocdb.dk/Docs/doc98/official/pdf/TR6101.PDF

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G1STQ:
Thanks for the advice here…nice to get it straight.

Easier than trying to de-code all the small print on my licence.

I think I have left it too late for my forthcoming trip, but maybe next time I can plan for a few activations…

Thanks for your help,

John

Welcome to Belgium ON/G1STQ! If you need information on Belgium SOTA summits, feel free to contact me. (info on qrz.com)

73, Peter - ON4UP
ON association manager