Error when submitting activator log

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
SOTA.AddActivation3.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\SOTA\AddActivation3.aspx.cs:69
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

This is the error I get when I attempt to submit an activation log…just to let you know…

Bob
GM7GAX

In reply to GM7GAX:

Its working now…maybe a ‘homer’ moment.

Bob

In reply to GM7GAX:
Hi Bob

That’s standard SQL (pronounced CQL) for the database has gone t*ts up.
When I was into database programming - a long time ago - we used to trap such errors by generating a ‘Database under maintenance’ notice.
Funnily enough I got such a message yesterday when I tried to pay my Barclaycard.

Roger G4OWG
Dbase 4, Foxbase and Dataease those were the days.

In reply to G4OWG:
Thanks I just posted it verbatim, I have used php for playing about with website ( my son keeps me just adding images and the links etc), personally I prefer Dreamweaver, easy for an old sod like me :slight_smile:

Bob