Erronious Alert data

According to the pop-up data on the SOTAwatch alerts page G8ADD will be activating G/LD-010 St.Sunday Crag which is worth zero points and F1UDAP/P will be on F/AB-401 F/AB-401 Montagne de Sulens which is also worth zero points. Switching to the summits information page reveals the same information. Without going through all the available summits it is uncertain how many more summits have suddenly become worthless. I hope what ever caused this is an easy fix.

Steve GW7AAV

Update- All summits now appear to be zero points

In reply to GW7AAV:

Don’t worry Steve, this is the great leveller. Remember the Prime Directive - SOTA is non-competitive!

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

In reply to GW7AAV:

Don’t worry Steve, this is the great leveller. Remember the Prime
Directive - SOTA is non-competitive!

73, Gerald

But how many do you think would bother to participate if there were no points system in place?

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW7AAV:

Interestingly G4OBK’s alert for LD-010 on 10/4/09 comes up with points.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

It looks like the older alerts have retained the info from before whatever the problem was emerged.

In reply to GW7AAV:

Well it all get fixed soon or later. In the meantime I’m going out this weekend irrespective of the spots/alerts/points/weather! I’ve missed the last 3 weekends and I’m going loopy! Actually, the WX for Saturday looks OK and I’ll be going up my favourite SS summit then. If the WX holds OK I’ll see if something a bit further North is possible but the forecast isn’t brilliant.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I’m actually off work this weekend so I might even work you. I am also itching to get out again but that just might be athletes foot.

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to MM0FMF:

Sorry to hear about the Shack Fever Andy. I’m starting to twitch and I was only out last Saturday, so you have my sympathies!

As for you Steve… too much information mate!

73, Gerald

In reply to GW7AAV:

i don’t know if its related but the history on the database itself is showing incorrect data currently both SP and NP regions are showing several summits that have never been activated

Phil G1OPV

In reply to G1OPV:

There are some strange results in other areas as well Phil… think I’ll go and bag a first activation of Wendover Woods CE-005 this evening!

73, Gerald

P.S. The database has gone back to its childhood… about May 2003 to be precise.

It’s been like that for over a week. Suffice to say we are onto it, but it might a 2 or 3 weeks before Gary is available to fix the bug. All data is safe and still stored correctly, although it is good practice for activators and chasers to use the “Save to File” option periodically to back up their data.

Thanks,

Tom M1EYP