Eight SOTA Summits in Spain (EA3)

Hi all,

During Christmas holidays, I stayed in Catalonia, where I activated eight summits. Three of them were first activations.

I started in the Pre-Pyrenees, where I was happy, that I brought my Bothy Bag with me.
Later on, the weather got perfect and I activated some lower summits, some were even next to the Mediterranean see. Therefore, you’ll see diverse landscapes with different vegetation.

The antenna I used was either my standard 7-band or the compact EFHW antenna, together with the Lab599 TX-500 transceiver, powered by a 2Ah/24Wh LiFePO4.

Further details can be found in the video description.
Special thanks goes to the chasers!

73 Stephan

22 Likes

Congatulations Stephan on your activations. Great video too.

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 73 sota

1 Like

Thanks, it was great fun!

This time I used the free but closed source Davinci Resolve as Editor. Much steeper learning curve than Shotcut, but many more possibilities out of the box. Also, a fast PC is recommended.

73 Stephan

1 Like

Great video and scenery Stephan, thanks for sharing.
You’re right: large variety of plants and landscape, and weather as well.

73 de Ignacio

1 Like

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for your feedback, and yes, I’m always interested in the variety of nature.
To me it’s still amazing how the vegetation changes within some kilometers, but of course the vicinity of the Mediterranean sea also helps.

73 Stephan

Hello Stephan @HB9EAJ.

Thank you for your interesting and exciting video report! :+1: You had a great time and many experiences and of course lots of QSOs. Thanks for the s2s we had :beers:

See you soon again in a QSO.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like