EI Activations

Hi
I hope to do another EI/IS activation today. It will probably be EI/IS072 - Mount Gabriel.

Just so expectations are not set too high, this trip is a ‘normal’ holiday and not a SOTA expedition. It is unlikely that I will activate a summit every day - just keep an eye on SOTAwatch spots.

Many thanks to everyone that worked me on Mizen Peak yesterday. It I hope I didn’t miss any chasers. If conditions are the same today I may start on 40m as the D layer absorption in the middle of the day is high on 80m.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

Hi All.

Sorry didn’t activate today. Wind, clag and rain so did the tourist bit. I will try again tomorrow.

It was good to give Pete EI7CC his first EI summit yesterday - very strange. Maybe we will get one or two more EI activators soon.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

Hi All

Thanks for all the contacts on Seefin today. It was good to work Mick 2E0HJD/M on both 40m & 80m - actually moving for the 80m QSO. Also very good to work John GM4YSS/P for a summit to summit (EI/IS-092 to GM/NS-023) with both summits previously unactivated.

The plan for tomorrow is unclear at the moment. The weather forecast is for strong winds. Judy want to go and looks at Bantry House and gardens. If there is any chance of me getting an antenna up on Mount Gabriel I will activate that, but don’t hold your breath. If I do it will be 40m then 80m again.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

Sorry no activation today - Saturday. The tourism activities go in the way!!! Hope to work you over the next couple of days. I don’t think I will be able to activate anything on Tuesday.

Plan is: Lackacroghan IS-113 tomorrow (Sunday)& Knockboy IS-020 on Monday. Times on the alerts are VERY approximate.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

Hi All

I think Knockboy EI/IS-020 was my last EI activation of the trip. It has been a fantastic holiday with some great unique SOTA activations.

Many thanks to all the chasers who have worked so hard looking for me. Four chasers have achieved the EI/BVE award by working me on all six summits. They are Alistair GW0VMZ, Cris GM4FAM, Don G0NES and Mike GW0DSP. Well done. Runners up were Graham G4JZF and Brian G8ADD with only one summit missing.

There is an outside chance of a final final summit tomorrow but it is very unlikely.

73 John GW4BVE