EI 70cm/2m Counties contest and SOTA

Hi Folks, I am hoping to participate this Sunday 15th off my local Little Sugar Loaf summit EI/IE-052. The contest runs 1300-1330UT on 70cm and then 1330-1500UT on 2m. The rules are such, that after every answered CQ we have to QSY, so you can expect to find me on any random FM only freq within 70/2 bands.
Here are the rules, same for 70cm or 2m https://www.irts.ie/cgi/st.cgi?r_70cmrules.html
If you hear me, just call with the contest report and a serial number and I reply with mine :slight_smile:
I have this little 2-pointer already qualified this year, so not looking for points myself, but just thought why not to give away few points to potential chasers or an antenna check while I am there?

I will have my regular 40W radio and 3el for 2m, for 70cm I will have a 5el beam.
All contacts to be uploaded to SOTA db naturally.

73 de EI4JY, Alex

2 Likes

Don’t forget to beam towards Mayo- we may might make it again on 2 metres or even 70 cms!

73 de Michael/ei3gyb

2 Likes

I will beam to every direction Michael ! The summit is coastal and small, only 342m ASL, so I may not get through as far West, likely looking to cover North-East-South only. But we will see, fingers crossed.

1 Like