EA8/FU recommendations?

I’m heading to Fuerteventura next week.

When I booked this I had planned to cycle to some summits (hiking the last bit) for some radio.

Fast forward and I’m recovering from covid, and still have a dodgy foot so big 50km bike rides out to mountains are probably now out of the question.

I am staying in Costa Calma. Can anyone recommend any other straighforward summits to attempt, preferably in the south of the island?
If I can get to the start point by bus that would be great

I am still planning on doing EA8/FU-001 as it’s nearby and there appears to be a good track up to the summit. There’s also a bus to the start but the last bus back is at 1430.
EA8/FU-033 looks possible but is a very long walk (~10km each way) but maybe I can mountain bike it?
EA8/FU-037 also looks straighforward athough I’d have to drive or get a taxi to the start.

I have visited Fuerteventura before and stayed in Corralejo, so I’m not particularly keen to head all the way back up there on this occasion even though there are some nice straightforward summits in that area.

TIA

1 Like

Carbon EA8/FU-012 is an easy(ish) walk and I need it for the complete :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll add it to the list.
Close to EA8/FU-006 which at least has a path shown on the map.

There’s an offroad 4wd track 2/3rd of the way and a fairly obvious footpath to the top. I didn’t have my GPS with me so I don’t have a GPX for the route.