Duplicate callsign

I just uploaded my first activation log from today into the new DB, my last log in the old DB was from Feb 23.
Now I am showing up twice in the roll of honour for EI: the old account has all my past logs (my original callsign and the old db login was OK9HAG):
https://www.sotadata.org.uk/en/log/activator/id/2442
and the new account has a single log from today:
https://www.sotadata.org.uk/en/log/activator/id/37164

Can my logs be merged into the new account?

Thanks
Marek EI7KH

1 Like

The question you have to ask yourself is if you wanted all your logs in one account, why did you create another account ?

I’m not aware of creating another account for the db, definitely not today. Maybe I created a SSO account when the Reflector or other part of SOTA website switched to SSO, and an empty db account got created for it when the db was migrated?

Just downloaded the complete activator and chaser CSVs of that original account 2442, the chaser CSV has the S2S info as well. I guess I can upload them under my current account, should I do that and will you be able to delete the original account to remove the duplicity? I don’t have an access to it anymore, last time I logged in as OK9HAG was when the old db was live.

EDIT - the S2S info is in another CSV, got that for the original account as well.

1 Like

Don’t move anything. You’ll only create a bigger mess to unscramble.

1 Like

You had a perfect working account which you had been using for many years including when you moved from OK to EI and changed call sign. This account was ported to the new system in 2019.

The thread on here about the changes to the database (1st Jan) explained that you should try and log in to the new Sotawatch using your existing database account and if that worked then everything you needed was setup and working. I’m going to assume you never tried that or you would not have created a new account.

On January 22nd 2020 you created a new account using EI7KH. At this point you have two DB accounts, EI7KH and OK9HAG. One contains 10 or so years of logs and one is empty.

You continued to use the old DB application upto February 23rd, 1 week before it closed. To do that you had to login in using the original account’s name every time.

June 13th you added a new activation. To get logged in to the database you had to do 1 of 2 things, either already be logged in to Sotawatch and when accessing the database, get logged in automatically. Or click the login link on the database and enter your username. Either way you never entered the username OK9HAG to access the database and so, no surprise, the activation was not logged under the OK9HAG account.

What I have done is:

• change the owner of the new activations to the original account you have
  • change the owner of the new chases to the original account you have
  • change the owner of the new S2S chases to the original account you have
  • update the email on the original account to match the new one you are using
  • delete the extra database account
  • delete the extra SSO account
  • ensure all your login sessions are logged out
  • send an update password email with a lifetime of 24hrs

You will need to follow the instructions in the mail. Your username is OK9HAG and you can change that once you get logged in.

2 Likes

Sounds like fun.

1 Like

Thanks! The access is working, I won’t have anything to upload for some time

73 Marek

1 Like