Download & language issue - Sotadata3 Bug

Thank you for new look of the database - great work is done, chapeau bas :exclamation:

I mention what I found:

1. today I activated 2 summits, no problem with upload but when I try to download both downloaded logs are same - as for first summit log
  2. after upload the language was changed to Serbian.

73, Jarek

1 Like

Hi Jarek,

1.) I have added it to our bug tracking discussion.
The downloaded file has both activations included. Andrew will need to see if this can or shall be splitted. I guess this comes from the new combined upload feature.

2.) Not sure how this is happening.

73 Joe

2 Likes

EDIT: but when I try to download both downloaded logs are same - as for whole day log

Sorry :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

yes Joe, many thanks
2.) Not sure how this is happening.
this is old issue that I never told about bcse it was not so important…
when you use link to data base from this reflector you will see Sotadata3
in ols version it was Sotadata3

if change language to English everything was OK in old version, now I started from English and after download my log, system is showing me everything in Serbian

Anyway many thanks for your kind assistance.

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Sounds like there is a part were the language cookie get’s ignored. Will add it to the list.

73 Joe

2 Likes

That link contains a language it is www.sotadata.org.uk / sr / stats. When I click it I go to the new database and my language is shown as English (flag is UK in top right) but the words have been translated. I don’t know why your link has the language embedded. All of my links to the database on SOTAwatch and Reflector are the basic URL.

1 Like

73, Jarek

1 Like

73, Jarek

1 Like

I guess your browser thinks Serbian is closer to Polish than English so that why this gets falsely selected?

But that is strange as I see that Serbian translation files available but not in the list to select (Added to our buglist)
Btw. here is the list of translation files included:
GitHub - summitsontheair/sotadata-l10n: Localisation files for SOTAData website

But try changing manually to English by clicking on the flag top right:
grafik

2 Likes

Out of interest, do you have any ad blockers or other plugins installed? Once you select a language, it should be set permanently via browser storage/cookie.

EDIT: I keep responding to Joe’s posts, but it’s aimed at the OP.

2 Likes

Pushing English flag turns things to proper ones.
Thank you Friends :exclamation:

73, Jarek

3 Likes