Double activation with great finale

For my first holiday I chose to activate two summit in Imagna Valley. I reached Fuipiano by car and I started to climb I/LO-198 I Canti at 17:00 local time. I spent about 30 minute to activate the summit working 20 and 60meter. I passed in qrt with ten qso in the log. I ran down and climbed up the second summit Zuc de Valmana I/LO-199. I started to call in 80mt with without any result, I tried on 60-cw and 40-ssb with discrete pile up. I made the last calls on 20cw with the grey zone, I managed in the log an esotic callsign @7n1fre. It was the first time that I put in the log a japanese station from sota. Many thanks Kazuhiro San!!

My setup was kx3 5watt and 9.5mt vertical wire with 1:64 trasformer for 20mt, for low band I used a 1:1 trasformer and some long wires radials on the ground.

From I Canti I/LO-198

Panorama from I Canti

From Zuc di Valmana I/LO-199

Panorama from Zuc di Valmana

Greyzone on Zuc di Valmana

Thanks at All chasers!!
73 de iw2obx

25 Likes

Congratulation to your very first Sota contact with Japan. That’s what I looking for since starting Sota.
Your 1/2 wavelength vertical with transformer is my favorite as well.
73 Chris

4 Likes

Thanks Christoph, I working for a 20mt resonant wire on 9.5mt telescopic pole… I will open a topic!
Have a nice day

1 Like

Thank you for our contact.
It was also the first time that I put in the log a Italian station from SOTA.
Many thanks Roberto!
I am looking forward to doing S2S with you someday.

'73
Kazuhiro,7N1FRE

6 Likes

Hi Roberto,

nice to read this. My congratulations for your DX!

How did you fix your pole? It seems there is a metal rod at the bottom. Much gear for your antenna and much work to bring it on the summit.

73, Ludwig

Hi Kazuhiro,
I was looking for east cost of united states, it was a great surprise!

Hi Ludwig,
I use a picket for fishing pole,
https://www.decathlon.it/p/poggiacanna-pesca-verticale-sw-rpo-zincato/_/R-p-309611?mc=8540229
Weight 275gr. But it works fine.

73 Roberto

2 Likes