Do We Really Need This (Bit OT)

In reply to G8ADD:

Incidentally, I noticed on GW/NW-056 that there were R. ponticum
seedlings appearing virtually right up to the summit. These are
relatively fast growing, and as that hill doesn’t appear to be grazed
any more, I can see us eventually having to force our way through
thickets to activate it!

I’m not surprised that it isn’t grazed any more, because rhododendrons are poisonous and nothing can eat or grow near them. They are now posing a serious threat to the native flora and fauna of Snowdonia and other parts of West Wales.
Rhododendron Ponticum is now regarded as a weed and hundreds of thousands of pounds are being spent on trying to control its spread. Much more of a threat to the environment than wind farms!

This must be the most off-topic thread EVER!

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G1INK:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Fossil fuels rapidly running out, nobody wants nuclear - so what`s the
alternative?
Hi Steve I agree.As a protest ask the nimbys to be disconnected from the grid and find thier own cheap power.At least when something better comes along it will be easy to remove the windmills not the case with nuclear power stations.73 Geoff

In reply to 2E0YYY:…

Seeing massive amounts of forest being chopped down to accommodate
dozens and dozens of windmills, didn’t sit very comfortably with me.

…One wonders, just how much more of the countryside needs to be sacrificed to feed the greed of energy companies!..
Mike 2E0YYY

Forest are a good source of energy, when it’s done right.
Windmills at countryside? It’s better than a nuclear plant at your hometown.
Energy companies are not greedy, they are just answering for demand, YOU Sir are the greedy one watching TV while you sip your ice cold drink and perhaps thinking where do you want to drive for your next holiday.

Problem is that the human population is way too big for the technology we have at the moment.
But don’t worry, nature has it’s way for this kind of problems.

Jani OH9FZU