DL/G4OOE/P Summit ref corrections

CQ

I think that I gave the incorrect reference to some chasers - sorry I was still excited from being at the show and meeting so many activators and chasers!

Today I was on the following:

DM/BW-349 7.032-cw 1211-1235 UTC (DD1LD covered SSB)
DM/BW-350 7.032-cw 1349-1426 UTC (Sorry no SSB due to rain)

Thank you all for being there for us on so many summits. Tomorrow Phil and I head north and weather permitting we hope to do some more SOTAs on the way home.

Nick

In reply to G4OOE:

Hello Nick (and Phil and the other ops who joined),

Thanks very much for the summits and I hope to catch you all on the way back. Must have been good fun.

Thunderstorms due here soon 8(

Best wishes
Mike

In reply to G6TUH:

Cheers Mike - your help with spotting promptly on my moves to SSB on this tour have been much appreciated. Also the efforts of chasers - Roy G4SSH throughout and on one particular day, Mark G0VOF also in spotting have increased the contact quota.

I must say the standard of operating today by all stations I worked (20 + 47) on the two summits, was particularly good. My session ended on DM/BW-350, when I exhausted my single LIPO over 2 summits running 50 watts on 17m CW with 4 continents worked in 4 minutes to RC4R, JE1BJT, W3GH and PY2KZ. I then tried on SSB to no avail, as my voltage fell to 9.5v.

We’ve had a fantastic time so far which we hope (if the WX allows) will continue with BW-082 in the morning… It’s raining hard now in Friedrichshafen.

I must thank ON4UP, ON9CBQ, DD1LD, OE9HRV, DF2GN, OK1CZ, for their help and hospitality on this trip, and to Mike G4BLH for loaning us his 1:25000 maps of the DM/BW region. Also HB9CZF for his useful summit info blogs, and DM1CM for creating the Sota Mapping Project, a most useful planning tool which was used extensively.

73 one and all

Phil G4OBK

Phil, glad you enjoyed your trip to FN. I was also happy to meet you and Nick in person at the QSL-wall followed our S2S QSOs between HB/TG-002 & HB/TG-003 and DM/BW-349 & DM/BW-350 (incl. the “CZF” challenge on our first QSO, hi).
Have a safe trip home!

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF

PS: HB/TG reports were just added to my blog.

In reply to G4OOE:
Just to add to this I think I may have given out DL/BW-349 rather than DM/BW-349 to a couple of my contacts however as there is no DL/BW region and I spotted as DM, hopefully all realised my mistake.
Thanks to Nick & Phil for letting me tag along on this activation and NO THANKS to the QRO stations in the King of Spain contest who simply started up on the frequency I was using without checking (twice).

73 Ed (DD5LP, not DD1LD by the way).

P.S. hope to have my blog updated today with the OE/VB-512 and DM/BW-349 activations that I did with Phil G4ODK and Nick G4OOE. dd5lp.com or vk2ji.com. I’ll add links to the SOTA Summit pages.