DF2GN New Shacksloth

Congratulations to new Shacksloth Klaus DF2GN, who qualified in style with a S2S contact on 10/Jan/2008 at 09:28utc with Kurt HB9AFI/P on HB/VD-038 Aiguilles de Baulmes, in 7MHz CW.

This is an amazing achievement, as Klaus joins an elite group of SOTA participants who have qualified as both Mountain Goat and Shacksloth.

Well done Klaus.

vy 73 de Mike GW0DSP

Many congratulations Klaus!

But what´s the real name of a
“mountain goat shack sloth”?

Is it a "Wolpertinger?
english - Wolpertinger - Wikipedia
german - Wolpertinger – Wikipedia
german - http://www.diebachhubers.de/der_wolpertinger.htm

GL on s2s-shack-sloth and happy 2008

Vy73 de Fritz DL4FDM/HB9CSA

In reply to GW0DSP:
Wunderbar lbr Klaus, es mny tnx fer all the Qso,s

vy 73 de Geoff,G4CPA.

In reply to GW0DSP:
Congratulations Klaus on your Shacksloth.

73 Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to DL4FDM:

Congratulations Klaus!

Fritz wrote:

But what´s the real name of a
“mountain goat shack sloth”?

Is it a "Wolpertinger?

I think, in France, it is a DAHU :

http://www.dahu.info/?page=physiologie.htm

Best 73 and wishes for 2008
Alain F6ENO

Meinen Glückwunsch Klaus! Wer so aktiv ist und auch gibt, verdient den Titel. Mach weiter so, please continue…

Ralf DH3IAJ

In reply to GW0DSP:

Many Congratulations Klaus. Mountain Goat and Shack Sloth is a magnificent achievement of which you have every reason to feel proud.

Roy G4SSH

Well done Klaus and congratulations on achieving both Mountain Goat and Shack Sloth,pleasure working you.73 Don.G0RQL.

Well done Klaus. It is appropriate that you made SS with an S2S contact.

Best wishes for your continued activations.

73, Gerald

Well done Klaus and many congratulations and many thanks for all the activations
and to many more in the future.

73 Graham G4JZF

Viele Glückwünsche Klaus und danken Ihnen für alle Gipfel!

73 Marc GØAZS

Ich gratuliere Klaus!

73   DX    Pista   HA5TI

Many congratulations Klaus. Thank you for your impeccable activations, the 235 points since I came onboard in October and your willingness to make sure everyone on air is contacted, sometimes in very bad conditions.
You are a true SOTA MG/SS.
Thank you.

Best 73’s
David/G4CMQ

Well done on achieving MG & SS Klaus. I am tempted to ask “What kept you?” but I seem to have misplaced my body armour…:wink:

Thank you for your support of us ‘beginners’ on your activations. ie me on CW and Jimmy on SSB; you always make it a pleasure for us to work you.

Congrats,

Tom M1EYP

Gratuliere dich Klaus !!!

Must not be easy to become a SS when you are on the mountains all the time hihi!!

Job well done

Peter

Congratulations on Shacksloth Klaus!
Does that make you you a Shoat, a Goth, a ShackGoat or a MountainSloth?
Thanks for the qrs contacts, I can always rely on you for a good steady CW qso on 30mts. By the way, your signal today from BW-257 was massive.
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hallo Klaus

meine herzlichsten Gratulationen zum Shacksloth. Eine beachtliche Leistung wenn man bedenkt, dass Du sehr oft von den Gipfeln zu hören bist.

So sage ich AWDH und bis bald vom nächsten Gipfel.
Hans, HB9BHW

hi all , and thanks for nice words and congrats here in the reflector or on band at my last activation.
yes, i will continue :slight_smile:
also in future i will try to reach as many chasers as possible from the summits.
started with sota on 27th, february 2006. in 2006 i was cw and qrp only, in 2007 with cw/ssb and mostly qrp and now in 2008 in cw/ssb multiband and qro.the qro results more in the fast grown and becomming bigger pile-ups ,in that my own signal often goes under :slight_smile:
ok, to reach as many as possible is my first goal, but another big goal from me ,is to make 10000 sota-qso´s in my first 2 years of sota. in moment my sota-log counts 9848qso´s . in the last 11 activations i made 1111qso´s and so i think, i will reach the 10000th qso on the next summits.
due to the last dx-cluster spots more and more new callsigns come in, also a bit dx. yesterday N7CW calls me in cw on 40m after a spot from S51UJ.
but also concentrate my chasing to inner eu and qrs-stns again.

in next activations in winter/spring time i will do the fast qso-mode.
not, that i don´t like ragchewing, but often i need up to 2hours to work
all chasers on differet bands and modes . and after 2 hours i have mostly cold fingers and feets :slight_smile:

hope cu again from the summits !!

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN