Decathlon fishingpole support

I’ve found a solution to put more force on the ground spike, when preparing for an activation on a restricted summit, without “destroying” the whole system… Easy and cheap!

73, ON4ROB

3 Likes

Do you have good method of lifting it out of the ground?

73 Marek

Good question! Let’s think about it. Maybe with this? I’ll give it a try in EA8 in january!

73, ON4ROB

Recently I also had trouble getting the spike deep enough into the ground. I then turned the cup clockwise with slight pressure.
Without my Leatherman I wouldn’t have been able to unscrew the spike. :sweat_smile:

73 Armin

1 Like

Which EA8 island? From recollection you will have problems driving a spike into Lanzarote and Fuerteventura summits as all the ones I visited had only a cm or so of top soil or were exposed lava. I ended up lashing the mast to trig points or using bigger lumps of laval to support the ends of guys. Gran Canaria however I think has more soil and I think I could get some tent pegs a few cms in the ground. But I can’t remember the details. I’ve not yet been to Tenerife so I don’t know but there are others who can advise.

2 Likes

It’s Lanzarote, definitely, sometimes hard vulcanic soil… But with some “pressure” and the help of stones, I mostly succeded to install my End fed antenna in slooper configuration. So “with the help of” I hope it will be a bit easier (and without damage).

For me, still 6 summits to go (from 27 - 4 summits). Why minus 4? It was untill now, hopeless to get a permission from “The Cabildo de Lanzarote” for the activation of EA8/LA-009, EA8/LA-022, EA8/LA-024 and EA8/LA-025. Why: nature reserves… I’ve tried 3 times, in a perfect Spanish request. No answer… To find a boat for the “approuch” of 022, 024 and 025? No problem.

73, ON4ROB

LA-009 is the undisturbed site of the last big eruption. ISTR the ground is still hot in places.

1 Like