DEC-2019: SOTA activity in Spain and the Spanish speaking American Countries over the month of November.

From my DEC-2019 news in Spanish

SOTA activators and activations carried out in Spain and the Spanish-American Countries in November-2019:

With the information available in the database, this is the graph of the activations and activators in Spain in November 2019.

EA8 is the call area with the greatest number of activations thanks to visitors from Germany, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Check Rep.
Following EA7, mainly due to the intense activity carried out by the great couple:
Alejandro (EA4DON) imagen
and
Elena (EA4DOS) imagen
Then we find EA1, thanks to the activators arrived from Switzerland, the Autonomous Comunity of Euskadi and Javier (EA2GM) as the only activator from EA1, as he lives in Oviedo.
EA6 follows in number of activations, where we again see an activator from Switzerland as well as 2 well known local activators.
EA3 is the following area in number of activations, thanks to an activator from the Spanish Autonomous Comunity of Euskadi and a number of local activators among whom we have a father (EA3AVV) and his son (EC3TW).
In EA5 we again see activations carried out by the hyper-active couple from Madrid, Alejandro (EA4DON) and Elena (EA4DOS).
We see relatively few activations in EA2, but we’ve got several days with snow and lots of rain. I recently heard on TV that this has been the most rainy November over the last 7 years in Pamplona.
Finally we see EA4, where Gonzalo (EA4ESP) carried out one activation.
As usual, we don’t see any activations from EA9.

This is the graph of the number of activations per month in 2019 and the averaged montly activations number in 2018, with 1082 activations up to now:

We see a slight decrease, but it’s understandable due to WX restrictions in the Northern areas, where we usually see most activations. Well done and thanks to all activators!

Here’s the graph for the chasers and number of chases in Spain:

The TOP 5 of the chasers in EA is: EA2DT, EA2IF, EA7GV, EA2LU and EA2CKX very closely followed by EA1DHB. As I use to say, I encourage to all those not doing it yet to register and upload their chases onto the SOTA database, as we don’t have any single chase in the database from EA8 and EA9, but I know some hams chasing SOTA from those areas.
This is the graph for the monthly chases in Spain in 2019 with 25103 chases up to now:

Chases have also experienced a decrease this November and I think it might be due to a WX-related reduced number of activations and also to the pre-winter bonus effect, as many activators prefer to wait and activate in December in order to get the always welcome winter bonus points. However, it’s still a good number, well over last year’s average. Well done and thanks to all the chasers!

=============================================================

With the information available in the database, this is the graph of the activations and activators in the Spanish speaking American Countries with existing SOTA associations in November 2019.

We see 5 activations in LU, 3 in LUM (Mendoza), 2 in LUD (Buenos Aires) and 2 activations in KP4, one of which was Mt. Pirata KP4/VQ-001 carried out by the team who activated the Is. of Vieques.
imagen
Well done and thanks to all the activators!

This is the graph of the number of activations per month in 2019 and the averaged montly activations number in 2018, with a total of 60 activations up to now:

We keep seeing activations on every month and even increasing in number. Bravo!

Regarding the chasing activity, we see this November 12 chases on the database: 7 chases in LU, 4 in XE and 1 in KP4. You can see it here:

Again, I encourage to all those not doing it yet to register and upload their chases onto the SOTA database.
This is the graph for the monthly chases in the Spanish speaking American Countries with existing SOTA associations in November 2019, with 32 chases up to now:

We hope this current increasing trend will consolidate.

Thanks for reading this news. I hope you found it of interest.

imagen
Guru - EA2IF (member of the SOTA Global Publicity Team)

6 Likes