Dealing with callsign prefix changes

Hi everyone,
I’ve just activated Moel Siabod (GW/NW-010) and as my normal callsign is G7BEH, I had to amend this to GW7BEH.

How do I enter this into my SOTA log, or get the points credited to my usual callsign? I also don’t want the chasers to lose out on points either!

Do I need to set myself up with a new account for the Welsh version of my callsign?

Yours confused,
David.

1 Like

Exactly the same as when you entered any other activator log, you just enter the callsign you used, either manually or in the CSV.

2 Likes

Thank you… I think I was getting myself really confused. When I put up the alert, it said the callsign was not recognised (which is fair enough), but that got me thinking…

Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.

David.

1 Like

It’s quite straightforward really but you’re right to ask. What often causes people to stop and ponder is how the different callsigns used get put into the correct place. But really what you are saying is “here is a log for <some callsign> on <some summit>, put it in my account”. So the callsign you enter could be anything but most of the time is your usual callsign.

2 Likes