Dave M0JKS Achieved MG

Thank you Vicky for the kind words. and sorry I accidently stole your frequency at one point. It was also great to get the S2S with you. The VX-7R is a nice radio, and I’m devastated to have lost it, on this weekend especially. On the way down I spent over two hours looking for it in the endless bogs, which meant I ended arriving late and a bit flustered. Richard was just making a joke, so it didn’t spoil the occasion too much for me. The ceramic filters do tend to be a problem on the VX series, which results in the audio becoming very quiet and tinny. My radio suffered from it from time to time, and I had replaced the ceramic filters. The filters themselves are dirt cheap but are pretty fiddly to replace if you are not a whizz with a soldering iron and surface mount components. There are also two of them, one for each VFO. If you’ve never had a problem with your radios, I say well done you; I clearly had a Friday afternoon build.

Here is some information on said issue:

https://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~timc/e/vx7r.html

Dave

P.S - has anyone got a metal detector I can borrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Paul; and great you were the 4th contact!

Dave

1 Like

Thank you for organising the event Ben @GW4BML. Sadly I forgot my autograph book as I’ve never met anyone off the telly before :slight_smile:

All the best, and hope to get you from the G/LD event in two weeks.

73, Dave.

4 Likes

Congratulations Dave!

2 Likes

Congratulations on achieving “Goathood” Dave. Always a pleasure to work you in GW/NW-land and have a quick reminisce about Helsby when I am visiting the homeland. Hope you catch again in early July when I will be back in Cheshire again.

1 Like

Well done Dave.

I was surprised that you weren’t already a MG given how often you have called in with a S2S. 10,340 S2S points is no small achievement either. Great work, keep going.

It was great to meet you again last Saturday. Hopefully I will see you in Windermere in a coupe of weeks.

Kevin

1 Like

Congratulations Dave! Welcome to the herd!

1 Like

Excellent achievement Dave! Sorry I missed the day… Bring the next challenge on!

Martin (remember me)?

1 Like

@M0JKS well done Dave :+1::ok_hand::grin:

73, Simon + Nic

1 Like

Thank you Kevin, it was great to meet you Saturday. Looking forward to the G/LD weekend. I’m not too far off Martin’s 11K+ S2S record - so who know’s, it could be another celebration.

Dave

P.S - What was that antenna you mentioned ?

3 Likes

Thank you stranger :slight_smile: When are you coming back to playing radio ? Your S2S record is getting within breaking distance now.

Dave

6 Likes

Congratulations Dave!

2 Likes

Well done Dave.
John

2 Likes

Congratulations Dave.

73’s
David

2 Likes

Well done and congrats, Dave - just keep smiling! :smiley:
73, Markus HB9DIZ

2 Likes

Thank you Markus. Now for the next challenge. I’ve not actually activated off the U.K main land - apart from Anglesey - so maybe that should be the first…

Dave

2 Likes

Thanks John, always a pleasure to work you. I see the all-G S2S record is within striking distance for the both of us…If Martin continues with his sabbatical for much longer, he’ll loose his top spot

Dave

2 Likes

Well done on achieving MG Dave. Thanks for the QSO’s and S2S.

‘Just Keep Smiling’ :smiley:

73 Chris M0RSF

2 Likes

Congratulation Dave very good Job

73 Michael

1 Like

Thank you Chris…and to Natalie. Will you be a activating next Saturday on the G/LD weekend?

Dave

2 Likes