Database update warning

We had a discussion about some updates to the parsing of frequencies when uploading CSV files. This is to warn everyone that the change will be implemented soon. The change will apply to both chasers and activators.

After the change it will not be possible to use wavelengths to specify the frequency used. i.e. entering “40m” or “15m” etc. will cause an error and you will have to edit and resubmit your CSV file.

The parser will accept real frequencies or normalised ones and you can use either MHz (or GHz for everything above 2300MHz)

i.e.

1.8MHz or 1.823MHz or 1.823 will all be accepted and logged as 1.8MHz

2320MHz or 2.3GHz or 2320.101MHz or 2.320101GHz will be logged as 2.3GHz

Before the pedants (and you know who you are) complain that the heading used for frequency selection defaults to “all bands” so we should change the heading or use wavelength not frequency. Yes, I know. But that’s the way it is and the way it’s staying!

I don’t believe that this will affect either utilities from Alain F6ENO or Stewart G0LGS or Mario DC7CCC.

I’m giving everyone advance notice now. Expect the change in a few days.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager.

In reply to MM0FMF:

Thanks for the advance warning Andy, I usually check my csv file before uploading it, but I do sometimes make mistakes :wink:

PS The update you did a few weeks ago to allow multiple chaser entries of the same activation, but on more than one band, worked fine. The first QSO collected the relevant points, with all following ones being scored at zero, but still apearing in the log :slight_smile:

Just what I asked for :slight_smile:

Thanks & best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I have updated the code for the parser.

Now you have to specify the frequency ( e.g. 144.333, 144.333MHz ) or the frequency band ( 144MHz ). You cannot use 2m or 40m etc. anymore. The valid frequency bands are the same as those on the web front end.

So if you can’t upload a CSV file after fixing any errors etc. displayed on screen, or you get a big long red exception error message, please email me at mm0fmf_sota AT intermoose.com and put the word DATABASE somewhere in the subject line.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager

In reply to MM0FMF:

FB Andy,

I’ll have a look to my soft when back home, in august.

2 questions:

• Are frequencies in KHz allowed ?
  • does somethinks such as ‘mhz’ or ‘MHZ’ are allowed ?

73 Alain HB/F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:

No, megahertz only. In fact I think it always was that way, I’ll check the previous source.

Yes, any case is allowed, mHZ, mHz, mhZ, mhz, MHZ, MHz, MhZ, Mhz as I toupper() the entire field.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi all,

The latest version is here: http://www.sota-france.fr/img/tele/ADI2SOTA_V4_4.zip

Thanks to MM0MFM, G4OBK and LA1TPA

73 Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:
BSR Alain
J’ai rentré quelques QSO : C’est OK
Merci à tous
Daniel / F5SQA

In reply to F6ENO:

Thank you for the ADI2SOTA V4.4 update Alain - now installed. A great time saver for sure when submitting SOTA logs to the database.

73 Phil