Database Update for SOTAGoat app?

I think even I will concede that we’re probably flogging a dead horse here.

If we did want to keep going, I think my approach would be to publish the summit list in a clean well-documented format under a new URL, and make a hacked version for SOTA Goat in a post-processing step under the old URL (which would henceforth be undocumented). But this is probably more work than it is reasonable to expect.

Martyn

2 Likes

Hi folks,

I spent today completely rewriting the summitslist.csv parsing code to actually work. It uses a proper CSV parser that can handle the quoted CSV fields.

It also uses the new https URL.

Apologies for all the heroic hacky efforts contained within, but a proper SOTA Goat release is extremely imminent!

Rock WW1X

11 Likes

Good man - MANY thanks.
Rod

I assume you won’t need the extra column in the CSV once it’s released?

No, it never did read column 17, the now-snarkily-titled FixYourDamnCode column.

2 Likes

OK, I’ve reverted the change back if you want to test (but it should be fine).

You should see what the SQL column is called :wink:

Thanks for the work to fix the quoting parsing, we can go back to a saner CSV production routine now!

Rockwell, when you showed me the app a few years ago at Redwood Empire DX Club, it made the sound of a goat when a new spot appeared. Is that coming back? I need it to impress my lady friends.

Regards,

Elliott, K6EL

Sorry for the hangup. I know I have been pretty absent on the reflector until recently, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with integration issues like this.

Wow, REDXA feels like a lifetime ago. The push notifications will be coming back in the release after this one, and there should be some new goat noises to choose from.

1 Like

I hope one of the choices is goat-style passing wind

EL

I have updated, but now when I attempt to alert or spot I get this message:

“Unable to submit Alert. Received and HTTP status code indicating failure.”

Is this just me? Thanks Rockwell - I really enjoy SG. I’m looking forward to using it again.
Scott kw4jm

Logout and log back in again, make sure you are using the correct username and password for SW3, this is the password you use to access the database.

1 Like

Andy is right - I am working on a tweak for this now. I didn’t realize that SOTAwatch sessions would expire after 10 days.

Thanks Andy and Rockwell. Logout and log back in worked. I just sent a Test Alert and it worked. Tnx agn,
Scott kw4jm