Database - Issue with importing CSV?

Hello!

Is anyone else having an issue with uploading CSV files to the database? With Firefox 58 on Mac, I’ve just uploaded a S2S CSV with two QSOs in it, and it took over 2 minutes to write to the database. My Activator CSV sits uploading indefinitely.

Rex KE6MT

OK, I went away for a bit, and the activator CSV finished uploading after several minutes (8 QSOs). But then it logged me out before going on to the next step, and now I can’t log in again. @MM0FMF

Here’s the error I’m getting:

Database Error :
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

OK, able to log in again. Got Activator CSV uploaded. I guess it was 9 QSOs. Here’s the info it reported after success:

Recorded details of 1 Activations and 9 QSOs.
Time to write entry to database = 248.28 seconds
Time to recalculate score = 90.67 seconds

I am also having issues. I tried to upload two chases QSOs with no luck. Now the page will not load at all. I know that there have been issues in the last few days. In fact I uploaded about 10 QSOs and then came back two days later and they were no longer in the database.

Matt
KF7PXT

Yeah, the whole database server was down, and there’s a gap in uploaded stuff due to database restoration. That was covered in this post.

But it appears that the server is just now incredibly slow, perhaps from a bunch of us hammering the server, trying to get our logs up to date.

Rex KE6MT

1 Like

There was a little turbulence around 1800Z! It’s running now and queries are responding fine and rapidly.

But anything involving writing data to the server disk (generating AM reports or summitslist.csv) does seem to be slow. Why? I don’t know. I’m going to do nothing but observe what happens for the next 24hrs to see if it’s temporary before raising a ticket.

1 Like

Shared database server and mass customer restorations underway?

That’s my guess. But indexed reads and complete reads of tables is quick though.

EDIT: connecting to the DB server, not the web app and issuing queries from SSMS is fine. The production DB responds quicker than my quad core i7 HT machine sat on the desk.

All appears to be well again! Perhaps just the database server getting overloaded earlier.

Thanks to you Andy, and anyone else that’s helped get everything back up. Much appreciated!

Rex KE6MT

I was able to add my activation to the database with no problems and even viewed my list of chasers. However, when I returned for another “chaser” check the database was again unavailable. I guess I will hold onto the paper log just in case!