Database Bug or just me?

Had an annoying little happening yesterday. Manually entered the 54 qsos made yesterday from EI/IE-044 but I had failed to notice I had entered an incorrect time 12:63 instead of 12:53. When I tried to upload the error was flagged and the entire log purged so I had to start again with the entry. Fair enough, it was my fault, I should have checked carefully before the upload. It would be great though if an option to correct a single error and reload was made possible in some future update.

Declan

We really strongly suggest that you use the CSV upload for anything more than 10 or so QSOs. That said, ability to edit an activation is also on the list of planned updates

1 Like

Declan, I realise I don’t answer your question but can’t help myself. My advice is to accept the small learning curve and get used to Fast Log Entry: DF3CB.com :: Fast Log Entry (FLE). You will save huge amount of time down the line!

1 Like

Ok, noted on both uploading the CSV file and FLE. I’m one of those strange folk that enjoy entering the log manually and reliving the qsos, plus sometimes I spot obvious logging errors I made of a callsign in the field as I retype it later in the comfort of the shack

Declan

FLE is for pen and paper guys like you and me :slight_smile: I also revive my activation when copying things into FLE at home, and it makes detecting and correcting errors very easy.

To be fair, this is going to be true regardless of CSV, FLE or manual entry :slight_smile:

If you use something like RUMlogNG, which has an iPhone app (not sure about Android), you can enter them directly in the app in the field and then easily export to CSV later. I haven’t gotten used doing that yet, but many people do.