CW to SSB qso's

Hi, Name here is Scotty and call is,KG3W. Just worked Steve (WG0AT). He was SSB and I could not quite get through. Called him using CW and we completed the qso. When putting in my chaser entry do I use CW, SSB or Other?? Sure I’m not the first to ask this but couldn’t find it on the reflector. Am a new chaser as of August 2012. Qrp cw mostly and a few scattered of SSB. Thank you Gentlemen. For the time being I will put it as CW, but will change it if need be. 72 de KG3W

In reply to KG3W:
Hello & welcome Scotty.
Your info’ tells me that the contact would not have been complete/concluded without the last CW exchange. So if it were me I would stay put; CW.
Mike G6TUH

I once had a qso with G4OBK and he used voiced morse as his key wasn’t connected and I used cw, so I just settled for cw as the mode in the database!

Nick G4OOE

In reply to G4OOE:

I once had a qso with G4OBK and he used voiced morse

Voiced morse?
You can’t beat it for SOTA.
Here’s Milos’s take on it and some slick real cw!

Pete

In reply to KG3W:

Hi Scotty -

I’ve had a number of cross-mode (or split-mode) SOTA contacts - most of them summit-to-summit. I always use MY mode in the log and put a note that it was split mode.

I was there with CW also today for a S2S with Wg0at - I could just hear you. I used CW to be sure that Steve would know that I was on another summit. It worked!

Regards,
Etienne, K7ATN

In reply to G4ISJ:
I enjoyed the voiced and real morse on the clip!
Nick

This sometimes happens in the Tuesday night VHF activity contests, in which I usually participate from a SOTA summit. When I am struggling to get my details through, I send them in CW instead. Sometimes the other station also switches to CW, but mostly they continue talking to me in SSB in reply to my CW overs.

I also take the line that the mode entered is MY mode - but that is when I am activating. If it was a chaser contact, then I would enter the log using the mode of the activating station.

Tom M1EYP