Cream Tea Special Event August 31st - Revised

Hi All,
Well what a 24hrs that was, but all in a days work as they say.
If you have read the other threads regarding the day out, you may have noticed that Myke (DDQ) has now decided not to take part, so the event is changing ever so slightly. There are quite a few people who wanted to come to the event to put faces to callsigns, have some banter, and generally have a bit of fun, but were concerned about the trek upto Easington Fell, it excluded quite a few for different reasons, so with that in mind a new venue of Black Hill (hump) right next to Pendle Hill (SP-005) has been suggested, as there is ample car parking, only 100m from the trig point, beautiful location with great take off to the South, East, and West. It is very easy to drive to and only 4-6 miles from the M65. Grid Ref SD 78423 36705. A Cream Tea on the rural car park, a mass gathering of friends, colleagues, SOTA-ites, and HAMS, with operations on vhf/uhf and of course HF.

We have a number of attendees so far, M0LMP, M0PVA, GW0DSP, 2E0PXW,2E0KPO,G0AOD,G1INK,G0TFH, as these are the only ones that know of the switch, therefore if you are intending to come and meet the boys please confirm by posting your details here or on www.sotaforum.co.uk in the special events section. There were quite a number of you intending to come up for the day and I hope you still have the intent to join us, we are still going ahead with the polo shirts and all and any monies raised will be going to the charity that is voted for by majority, for example Air Ambulance, MRT, etc.

Regards
Lee

In reply to M0LMP:
Hi Lee

Having checked your grid ref and the official Humps list for that area (http://www.hill-bagging.co.uk/EWRegions/MarilynRegions.php?qu=Y&gp=M36A) it appears that the hill you suggest is not a Hump.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Cheers Roger, its bigger than my belly so its a hump in my book and a great place to meet for radio activities, we have been using it for our club special events operations with GB1BRC for the last few weeks and its awesome for HF !!