Cracoe Fell G/NP-032

The wx forecast for today (Sun 12th Oct) was quite good so I decided to activate G lands newest summit Cracoe Fell G/NP-032. I used the G3CWI route as posted in the summit information notes. Leaving home in beautiful sunshine, there wasnt a cloud in the sky until I got to Manchester when it clouded over completely. Anyway I wont harp on about the route as it is attached to the summit notes, all I can add is the walk from the car took about 1 hour 20 mins in the very thick fog. As it is a fairly new summit I decided to "hang around" & give the ref to as many chasers as possible. I used 80/60/40/20/2m & 70cms to log just over 100 contacts. The fog did clear eventually to leave a nice day. I didnt take many photos or video clips due to the wx, but those I did have been put on you tube on the following link :-

Thanks to everyone who called & the welcome s2s contacts & Barry 2E0PXW for his spotting services.
73s Steve G1INK.

In reply to G1INK:

Thanks for the contacts on 80m & 60m and for another 30 seconds of fame on your YouTube video. It was nice to polish this one off so soon after the change. 100 plus contacts, I really don’t know how you manage it. I will try removing the select knob from my 857 and I will mask the frequency display with some cling film so I am unsure what it is maybe that is the secret?

Come on lads there must be someone with a spare remote head for Steve’s battered FT-857.

73 Steve GW7AAV