CQ Magazine Article & Cover featuring SOTA

At the suggestion of a friend who has contributed to CQ Magazine, I put together an article and sent it in a couple of months ago with a number of photos for their March QRP issue. Lo and behold, I ended up on the cover and with a nice article featured in the magazine. It is a subscription-based magazine, but do check it out if you have a chance. I hope you enjoy!

Adam
KJ6HOT

Cover:

Index:

2 Likes

I suppose it would have made sense to include a link to the CQ Magazine website…

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_current_issue.html

Adam
KJ6HOT

LOL … CQ Amateur Radio … they are just thiefs and money collectors: I am still waiting all 2014 issues and 3 2015 issues. Shame on them. They owe me 100,00EUR of the subscriber money. And it is not just me, there are thousands of subscribers all over the world … American ham spirit at it`s best :frowning:

73, Milos S57D

I don’t think the spirit of American ham radio operators can be linked to one magazines customer service problems! I don’t see the connection?

73, Walt NE4TN

2 Likes

I think Milos is just very annoyed at having paid for something that has not been delivered. It’s easy to blame everyone for the actions of one or two when you are upset.

Hi Milos,
Are you sure you don’t have a neighbour stealing your magazine every month from your mail box? I’ve seen such behaviour before…
Are you sure your correct mail address has been properly communicated to CQ magazine?

Although this won’t solve the absence of your paper CQ magazines I recommend you try the online magazine service. Utilizing a reader called Zinio I read CQ on my iPad. I do prefer paper and print but this online magazine method is good and links to websites related to articles are available within the text.

Walt, my opinion about american ham radio spirit refers strictly to OMs and YLs employees at CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, not for general ham radio population in America. I have many very good friends in the US and I am sure the rest of ham operators are respecting ham radio spirit.

And nobody is stealing my paper issue of the CQ Amateur Radio from my mailbox, because it is simply impossible. You can not steal the magazine, because nobody is sending paper issues to the subscribers arround the world for more than one year. I communicated with the subscriber service several times. I got mostly no answer to my emails or there were responds full of lies about sending me the missing issues, troubles with the distribution and so on. My postal address is 100% OK, no problem with that. I paid for the paper issue of the magazine, so I want to get what I paid for. The subscribtion was not cheap, it was 200% of the US price, because of the postage/distribution cost. I like paper, I do not want to read the magazines on my tablet, on my PC, on my phone, …

73 to all and specialy to all good hams in the US,

Milos S57D

Hi Milos

There are plenty of US hams that are also quite upset with the broken promises coming out of.CQ Magazine. We understand your frustration and realize it is only them you are angry at. And you do have a right to be angry. As bad as they are cheating the US hams, DX hams fare even worse if that is possible. It is OK that CQ ran a story on SOTA, but that link to the magazine should absolutely be removed from the Reflector. Just like would be done for any other scammer.

Glenn AB3TQ.

1 Like

Yes, Glenn, you are right and agree with you. It si very hard or impossible to tolerate an ignorance of the CQ Amateur Radio magazine staff. And I am sure that is not only my problem. There are thousands of subscribers, US and DX, with the same problem as it is mine.

73, Milos S57D