Contacting the MT

In the last few weeks I’ve sent two messages to the MT at sota_mt@sota.org.uk and not received any response. Yesterday I sent a test message explicitly asking whether my mail was getting through, and have had nothing back from that either.

I therefore suspect that the Email address is not working. I know that it worked at the beginning of July.

Could it be checked out?

In reply to M1MAJ:

Question noted Martyn. I expect most members of the MT are away/busy over the BH weekend, but investigations will commence asap.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

It’s probably well worth checking all these group email redirecting services reasonably regularly. I use many of these services to point back to my real email address so that if I want to change things at my end I don’t have to tell everyone I know to update their address books. Anyway I’ve noticed that things can work for ages then suddenly stop even though nobody appears to have changed anything. Simply setting exactly the same information cause them to start working again.

Computers hey! Personally I blame all the programmers in the world for the mess we’re in.

Andy
MA0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Martyn,

We’ll check this. However, the best way by far is to use the contact form on the Website; that goes direct to the MT.

You can also select the member of the team. If you do, the message will go directly to them.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

However, the best way by far is to use the contact
form on the Website; that goes direct to the MT.

I don’t like using web forms because it means my message doesn’t get filed in my mailbox as a sent message along with everything else.

In reply to MM0FMF:

Run all your website email addresses through Google Apps then you direct it to your own personal email addresses, Google has a great spam catching service if you set it up with a ‘‘is:spam’’ filter…did it on a site I ran and cut down spam by massive amount…and those with site email accounts started checking their accounts regularly again…