Congratulations to N2YTF

Hi All,

I would like to congratulate Tom N2YTF for being the first activator in the USA achieve 100 points in SOTA activating. Keep up the good work Tom.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
I second that!!! Thanks for being there…look forward to working you many more times Tom!!

Mike VA6FUN

Hi Mike,

I know that you love to chase some SOTA activations. I wonder if you are interested in setting up a SOTA associations for VE6, this is so you can activate some hills for SOTA as well as chase if you want to and other radio hams in VE6 could activate some SOTA summits there if they wanted to.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Mike, setting up an association is not that hard, Les gonna help you. Not mandatory to have all and every qualifying VE6 summit in your list. We’re really missing VE6 and VE7.

Congrats Tom. If you want to stay in front you might need some new hiking boots by fall.
Hi Mike. Can I turn up the pressure slightly? Go look at a mountain and sing “O Canada”.
Stu

In reply to M3EYP:
Hi all…I’m afraid I’ll have to decline on setting up a VE6 association. I work out of town during the week and thus time is very scarce on my weekends at home, not to mention being PC challenged and on dail-up. I already activate canadian islands (CISA program) via kayak when I can spare the time. I trust someone will surface eventually in VE6/VE7 land that would like the challenge…perhaps someone that actually lives near the mountains.
Having said that…I do love chasing SOTA activators when I’m home on the weekends where my rig is…dashing in and out of the house between spurts of yard work! I’m off on a Lighthouse activation trip next week to Lake Winnipeg (ARLHS member) and when I get back in a few weeks it will be kayak/island time so you may not hear me chasing SOTA’s as much…

Mike VA6FUN

In reply to VA6FUN:
Have FUN with your lighthouse activations, Mike. North America’s must reliable chaser will be surely missed during your absence.
Stu

In reply to KI6J:
Stu…keep your ears open for the FUN callsign…maybe we’ll work Lighthouse to Summit or Island to Summit some day! If I have WiFi access and notice any SOTA Spots that coincide with my activations…???..Who knows where I might pop up!!!

Mike VA6FUN

BRAVO Tom !

In reply to M3EYP:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I’m looking forward to being a Mountain Goat sometime in the very distant future :wink:

Im having a great time and I am so glad I found SOTA.

Tom