Congratulations G4OIG & G4MD

Congratulations, on great achievement.

Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Congratulations Gerald and Paul. Well done! Sorry we missed you yesterday - hope to catch you again soon S2S.

Karen
2E0XYL

Great stuff Gerald & Paul
Well done
Dave

Congratulations to Gerald and Paul; brilliant achievement and I’ve only got you in my log once each.

Well done,
Rod

In reply to G4JZF:
Well done to Gerald and Paul. Does that include the one-pointer’s or not? All the best, John.

In reply to G4YSS:

Congratulations Gerald and Paul. Many thanks for all the contacts and look forward to working you in GM land.

73’s Geoff GM4WHA

In reply to all:

Hi All,

Many thanks for the congrats on the completion of the G summits - yes John, including all those tiddlers. Your comments are all very much appreciated.

It is now over 4 years since Paul and I teamed up to activate Myarth GW/SW-035. Our relationship could have been extremely short-lived as I tried to get us lost on the ascent of Waun Fach GW/SW-002 later in the day, but fortunately it survived that and we have now carried out almost 200 activations together.

The benefit of being part of a team is that we have been able to keep each other focussed. As was the case for our near-completion of the Welsh summits (Upper Park GW/MW-032 being the outstanding summit), completion of the English summits required a lot of planning in order for us to reach our goal. I could not have managed either goal without Paul, nor indeed could I have managed without the very dedicated and loyal band of chasers that I speak to from the summits on 2m SSB. Thanks to all of you.

Paul and I now intend to take a short break to take stock and further the planning for the GM/SS summits that have already been alluded to as our next port of call. I also have to get across to the Isle of Man sometime to activate those summits and there is an area of Southern Scotland that I have activated that Paul can target for lone sorties. With us both starting out in SOTA in different regions, it took some serious planning to get ourselves aligned in readiness for the simultaneous completion of the English summits. This was only achieved when Paul carried out his whirlwind tour of the Scottish Border summits in August, so thanks to Paul for making it happen!

Completion of the English summits has come at an opportune time. For about a year now I have occasionally been “carrying” pain up the hills. Yesterday I was diagnosed with Hydronephrosis which may potentially result in kidney failure on my right side. The good news is that my left kidney is in good order, so this should hopefully be a short term issue. SOTA is largely the reason why I am as fit as I am and I intend it to remain an important part of my life. I certainly do not expect to be hanging up my boots for some time!

Speak to you from the summits soon.

73, Gerald G4OIG

Hi Gerald,

Maybe you could activate the SOTA summits on Skye and the Shetlands that Paul G4MD has all ready activated.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to G4OIG:
I’m ready to accompany G6GGP and G8CXK on joint activations in England or ‘draw yng Nhymru’ at short notice!

I’m glad I joined the G4OIG and G4MD double act for the slog to G/NP-002 Mickle Fell [something I would not have otherwise attempted] so I’ve seen you in action. Well done on a remarkable achievement, Gerald and Paul.

73 and hope to meet up on Upper Park

David M0YDH

Many thanks to everyone for the nice comments and congratulations. And particularly to Gerald, without whose constant friendship and support I’d never have achieved a fraction of what I have. It’s been a wonderful experience, not least because even on remote hilltops we are surrounded by friends!

SOTA’s far too addictive to give up now, so plans are well underway to extend our operations into GM/SS in the new year, and (Gerald’s health willing) we hope to get back to some favourite GW’s with our Class B calls over the winter to keep up our fitness to deal with those fabled Galloway tussocks.

Thanks again to all our chasers for their magnificent support, here’s looking forward to many more contacts to come.

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD & G4OIG

Congratulations also, albeit a little late, glad to have worked you both for the completion, great stuff, I managed to complete when I worked you both from a SW summit,I’ve not had the time to check which one but I will.
Many thanks for all your efforts.
Take care both.
Regards
Don [G0NES]